Esteemed Contributor

Re: Be honest, can you parallel park?

yep

Honored Contributor

nope......i avoid parallel parking at all costs. absolutely hate it!

i will pay good money to park in a parking lot or parking garage before i parallel park.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Yes. But I hate it and avoid it as much as I possibly can.

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

I used to be able to parallel park a big 1 ton van with ease on either side of a street, but I haven't had to parallel park at all for about 15-20 years, so i'm probably out of practice!

Honored Contributor

To this very day if I'm out with my sister and she's driving then she will jump out of the car, switch with me to park her car if we're somewhere that has only street parking. Woman LOL

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Trusted Contributor

Yes, since 16 & stick shift while at it.

Respected Contributor

Yes.

My dad taught me, and I'm very good.  I can get in tight spots in one or two tries.

Honored Contributor

If you call the back end of my car sticking out into traffic, then no. 

Honored Contributor

Yes. It's mandatory for city streets to get into tight spots and to do it quickly. We had Driver Ed back in the day and we were taught how. I had a great teacher..

Honored Contributor

For 30+ driving years, yes - on either side of one-way streets, even.  Then I moved to a part of the city that was mostly parking lots and for 20 years I haven't parallel parked - and can't and won't any longer. I also bought a new car last year, so double-no. I would also be scared to death to let a self-parking car do its things. My niece's car has it and she doesn't use it. And I live in an area now that's largely street parking so I'm *OL a lot :-(

Life without Mexican food is no life at all