Respected Contributor

Re: Be careful where you park.

@VanSleepy    A Selfish or Thoughtless comment.

The first time someone shows you who they really are ... believe them.

Esteemed Contributor

Omg, no reason to attack other posters for a simple question.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Stupid driver I say. Everybody knows it's very illegal to park next to or too near a fire hydrant. This driver did deserve what happened to his/her car. They're lucky they didn't land in jail for a few hours. 

Some here are asking why the firemen didn't go around the car instead of breaking the windows with hose passing through - really? You really need to ask this? 

How would you feel if this car was blocking the hydrant and your house was on fire and the firemen couldn't access the hydrant? You'd be out there breaking the windows to help the firemen get to the water. 

Firemen do not fool around when fire is involved and they can't get to the water supply. Remember this when you find the last parking spot next to a hydrant.

Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

Of course the person shouldn't have parked there, but was this really necessary. 

They could have let the fire burn while they waited for a tow truck.

The owner got off easy.

Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

Of course the person shouldn't have parked there, but was this really necessary. 

So with that train of thought, the person shouldn't have parked in a handicap spot without a placard or special plates, but was a ticket really necessary?

Respected Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Unless that hose wouldn't have gotten close enough to the fire...why couldn't they pull it around the car instead of damaging the windows?

Why not punish the owner, not the car?  

My thoughts on this...a smart a-s fireman.

@Foxxee The owner WAS punished...his car windows were broken, and he got a ticket, which was exactly what he deserved! A car cannot be "punished"--it is an inanimate object with no feelings.

I think the owner got off easy. I have heard of cases where cars that were parked in the way of rescue vehicles were just shoved out of the way by those vehicles...causing a lot more damage than just a couple of broken windows!

Honored Contributor

I bet some of you would feel differently if it was your house on fire!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

Wow.  Yes, that was really necessary, and no, it was not a "smart*** firefighter."  The driver of that vehicle was the smart***.

Why do you think that no parking is allowed in front of fire hydrants?  Because the Fire Department is full of mean people?

Get real.

This is another example of someone thinking the law doesn't apply to them.

@DottieBlue 

Not sure, but It sounds like you are commenting on my post.  It would really be nice if members would address other members directly instead of making comments elsewhere in the thread...usually sarcastic meant to be a put down behind their backs.  

By the way, I am very law abiding and wouldn't park in front of a fire hydrant, so accusing those of us who disagree think the law does not apply to us is not true, but I do not think damaging the car was necessary.  

Respected Contributor

@VanSleepy 

You know how to use Google?

Think if someone is trapped in a burning home.

Look up third degree burn damage on humans, or on a CHILD. (Full thickness burns)

Or on a trapped pet.

You darn right a clapped out old piece of junk car ( Or even one that came out of the showroom today) should have exactly what was done to it in these pictures...and I hope the insurance company doesn't pay up....they are parked illegally and EVERYONE knows you don't block a fire hydrant.

A fire hose full of water is as rigid as a pipe. There is NO WAY to snake it around to save some selfish clowns car because rules don't apply to him. And this is beside the point. It's ILLEGAL to block a fire hydrant.

If you STILL don't understand why....

Look up third degree burn damage to humans and you'll understand WHY.

Now pretend it's YOUR relative in a burning home, and some moronic dumb bell is parked in front of the hydrant in front of your house.

SHEEESH.

So SICK of people making excuses. It's the automatic way today. ME FIRST and the heck with everyone else.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, it was necessary! These hoses are heavy and not flexible - they are not your garden hose. When the water starts they become very heavy and the pressure is high.