Trusted Contributor

Re: Be careful when sending returns..

I believe you.  I believe you did return the item and the item was in the box and was removed by someone at UPS or even at the QVC return department. So often I have ordered items and they became "lost" after being sent. Once I tracked a package coming to me and encountered difficulty. I telephoned UPS and was told the package was empty when it was received at one location.  I had two Royal Palace rugs lost.  If you used the return label it would be the same thing in reverse.  Coming or going, it can be tracked, and could get "lost" the same way.  Insuring items when returning them it an added cost to anything you buy and add another deduction to the price spent on the item, and a complete refund on anything is not complete.

Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

I'm terribly sorry that happened to you.  This could be entirely coincidence, but there may be something fishy at the EL warehouse (or possibly the UPS that services them).  About a month ago I ordered a beautiful Ammolite ring from the Gems en Vogue collection.  It was sent to me from EL via Surepost, which is UPS to my local USPS.  My mail carrier delivered an empty bubble pack to my mailbox.  It had a large knife slit in it, and the only thing inside was the packing slip.  EL was, however, very gracious in giving me a full refund for the ring as soon as I notified them.  I've never had this problem with any other vendor, and I order everything online.......there are always packages arriving for me.  BTW, I always use the prepaid return labels when I need to return something.

Why blame EL's warehouse? The theft could have happened anywhere between shipment to the O P's home. And I'm sure this happens everyday with all of the shopping channels and retail outlets online.

Esteemed Contributor

A few years back our area was plagued by theft... post office.. The person was arrested.  QVC refunded  my money.  Package was split open and it was empty.  

Our mail goes through two post offices.  One in Baltimore where the package arrives and it is then sent locally to us via our post office which is rural.  

Esteemed Contributor

Two scenarios :

Years ago I ordered a gold bracelet from QVC to be delivered next day air by UPS.  When the time arrived for the delivery, no bracelet.  I called Customer Service and they told me that a credit had already been put in my account because the delivery was lost.  In other words, "it walked away."  Somewhere between QVC and my home, the bracelet vanished.  Kudos for QVC for being so fast in issuing a credit that fast.  

I returned a ring to another jewelry channel and it was more than thirty days before I received a credit.  I emailed and nothing..finally I was told I needed to provide proof of return.  I had to provide the return number and the credit was issued.  Yes, i had insured it.

I've leaned that even with import document being mailed, I need to have a tracking number or signature required because I don't trust everyone ..everywhere.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@3Westies wrote:

I don't think that UPS people have the time to check out the boxes, open them up, take out merchandise, seal the box, and send it on its way.

Could happen, I suppose....

And yes, you are right...

I have no idea what happened to the bracelet but return receivers in the warehouse do open the boxes to obtain the receipt and check the merchandise.

Just seems suspicious to me.

Either way, I made a stupid mistake and that is where the blame lies. 

You would be surprised how much theft there is at these places.  At some of our local UPS/Fedex places, employees are checked when they leave the building because of theft problems.  I'm not saying that's what happened here, but theft does happen.

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@2blonde wrote:

I'm terribly sorry that happened to you.  This could be entirely coincidence, but there may be something fishy at the EL warehouse (or possibly the UPS that services them).  About a month ago I ordered a beautiful Ammolite ring from the Gems en Vogue collection.  It was sent to me from EL via Surepost, which is UPS to my local USPS.  My mail carrier delivered an empty bubble pack to my mailbox.  It had a large knife slit in it, and the only thing inside was the packing slip.  EL was, however, very gracious in giving me a full refund for the ring as soon as I notified them.  I've never had this problem with any other vendor, and I order everything online.......there are always packages arriving for me.  BTW, I always use the prepaid return labels when I need to return something.

Why blame EL's warehouse? The theft could have happened anywhere between shipment to the O P's home. And I'm sure this happens everyday with all of the shopping channels and retail outlets online.

She did say something MAY be fishy.  She's not necessarily blaming EL's warehouse.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@chiclets  She said it was Evine, not QVC.

Laura loves cats!
Trusted Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

It was suggested on another "Q" forum to send back returns in a USPS Priority envelope because it come with tracking and starts with $50 of insurance.

Yes - do this.  The best way for sure.  It might have been ME who made that suggestion. Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

EL ?????    What is that referring to?

Honored Contributor

@Chrystaltree2 wrote:

EL ?????    What is that referring to?

Evine Live