Valued Contributor

Re: Be careful when sending returns..

[ Edited ]

OMG--the same thing hapened to me last month.  I orderd {agains tmy better judgement} a gold clad Ripka necklace. The gold began to wear off so I sent it back via US mail ACCORDINGTO INSTRUCTIONS.

They claim that I sent back an empty box and won't credit my account.  Needless to say I am done ordering from them.Woman Sad

Spoiler

Respected Contributor

@nomless wrote:

Interesting scenario.  I'm not sure insurance would have helped in this case.  Isn't the insurance is for package delivery?  UPS did deliver it.  ...

That's what I was thinking, too.    I didn't think shippers confirmed  actual contents of packages.

If the package had been opened or visibly tampered with upon delivery, I think that would qualify for coverage by insurance.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Respected Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@chiclets  She said it was Evine, not QVC.

My oops.....should have paid more attention in geography class....and should have read the post better.......I was referring to experiences with the Q......thanks for pointing that out to me.

Frequent Contributor

@Neversaynever3dogs thanks for the post. I get very nervous when I need to return an item like a Ripka piece. I've always used the return label the Q provides and I'm probably lucky that I've never had anything stolen in that way. Now, I have had items that say "delivered" on my order status that never in actuality made it to my door. I am happy to say that QVC offered to refund me or send a new item out. Sorry for the theft of your jewelry. I'm going to take the advice given in this post and return expensive pieces priority with insurance.
Contributor

Thanks,everyone, for your replies...

Sad to read that there are many that share my experience...

Some clarification, though....

It wasn't QVC that I had a problem with it was Evine.

Evine did not provide a pre-paid label, which I usually use no matter what shopping channel the package came from so that the package is traceable..

I always insure expensive items and ask for a signature but

have no idea why I was so lax  in doing so this time...

I traced the tracking number and have the name of the person that signed for the package.

I realize that there is a high rate of theft issues no matter where, UPS or USPS or return warehouses.

The bracelet could have disappeared at the hands of UPS but I still suspect the EL warehouse.

I have no proof either way, so it is my loss....

It would have been nice of Evine to try to work with me on this issue instead of  just ending the conversation with "we'll send the empty box back to you".

Honored Contributor

Don't be so hard on yourself, we all get complacent and do things we regret.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Did they say the package had been tampered with? I would get  answers on the condition of the package. Then inform UPS and get them to do an investigation. I had issues a couple of times when they were Value Vision. They claimed the box was empty when it arrived to their returns dept. Fortunately I kept the mailing receipts which stated shipping weights. I disputed the charges with AmEx and they took care of it for me. I suspected it might have been someone in receiving who may have tampered with the returns. 

ETA Your CC company may be able to intervene.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Contributor

Thank you, "Monkey on My Back", for your info.

Evine Customer Service did not answer when I asked about the box appearing tampered with when it arrived at their warehouse. I should have been contacted if it had.

I emailed them about 5 times and called twice, with no success as to any of my questions.

They just told me that the box was reported to be empty

when it arrived. Not helpful or freindly either.

The UPS manager at the facility that I took the package to asked the same question...

Had the box been tampered with when it arrived?

If it was, then it was on UPS shoulders to find out what happened, even if it was not fully insured, they could still check into it.

I gave the UPS manager all of the info that I had and will conatact my CC company to see if they can stop payment until this is resolved (did the Value Pay)

Maybe whoever took the bracelet thought that because the item was not insured, there could be less chance to trace what happened to it?

Thanks again....

Contributor

Thank you.  Good to know.   I always go to the post office to mail my packages.  I get a receipt, so I can track my packages. I have sometimes thought that might just put it in the mail box and let it go back that way.   But  no more.   Will be diligent to go to the post office and get my receipt!

Respected Contributor

I don't know if it's the same with all the shopping channels, but I seem to remember being told the prepaid return shipping charges (6.95, or whatever) include insurance on the return.  (You can track the returned item just like you can track it when it's coming to you.)  I know they all carry insurance on the items they ship to us, and their insurance pays for it when they have to credit us for a lost item that we didn't receive.

Laura loves cats!