Respected Contributor

Re: Be careful what you wish for.

On 1/11/2015 Plaid Pants said:

Curious.

If a cop were to pull you over, how would you behave in front of him/her?

Would you be polite and respectful, or would you give them an attitude?

Just curious.

If an officer pulled me over I would be polite and respectful no matter what. If I were given an attitude (which probably would NOT happen because I do feel a majority of cops are just trying to do their jobs) I would still be polite.

Law enforcement loses respect when they themselves don't follow the rules. When a city councilwoman in the Los Angeles area states that when a white driver is pulled over in a certain area of town, they are asked for their license and registration. When a black man is pulled over the first questions from some officers are about parole, probation, is this your car.

Respected Contributor

Thought so. Thanks Cara.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

On 1/12/2015 Smaug said:

Thought so. Thanks Cara.

Your Welcome.

O/T I have been dying to ask you I am assuming your screen name is from the Hobbit? If so did you see the last of the trilogy and if so what did you think. I know this is way off what is the topic of the thread!!!!!

Respected Contributor

On 1/12/2015 Caravaggio said:
On 1/12/2015 Smaug said:

Thought so. Thanks Cara.

Your Welcome.

O/T I have been dying to ask you I am assuming your screen name is from the Hobbit? If so did you see the last of the trilogy and if so what did you think. I know this is way off what is the topic of the thread!!!!! Smile

Yes, my screen name is taken from the Hobbit. I haven't had a chance to see Battle of the Five Armies yet. I'm waiting for the kids so we can watch it together. Did you see it? If yes, what did you think?

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

On 1/12/2015 Smaug said:
On 1/12/2015 Caravaggio said:
On 1/12/2015 Smaug said:

Thought so. Thanks Cara.

Your Welcome.

O/T I have been dying to ask you I am assuming your screen name is from the Hobbit? If so did you see the last of the trilogy and if so what did you think. I know this is way off what is the topic of the thread!!!!! Smile

Yes, my screen name is taken from the Hobbit. I haven't had a chance to see Battle of the Five Armies yet. I'm waiting for the kids so we can watch it together. Did you see it? If yes, what did you think?

Saw it with my DD and we both loved it. I cried and was happy with how Peter Jackson did the adaptation of the book.

Respected Contributor

Glad you enjoyed the film. I'm really looking forward to seeing it. Going to the movies is a rare treat for us.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Contributor

On 1/12/2015 kdgn said:
On 1/11/2015 Plaid Pants said:

Curious.

If a cop were to pull you over, how would you behave in front of him/her?

Would you be polite and respectful, or would you give them an attitude?

Just curious.

If an officer pulled me over I would be polite and respectful no matter what. If I were given an attitude (which probably would NOT happen because I do feel a majority of cops are just trying to do their jobs) I would still be polite.

Law enforcement loses respect when they themselves don't follow the rules. When a city councilwoman in the Los Angeles area states that when a white driver is pulled over in a certain area of town, they are asked for their license and registration. When a black man is pulled over the first questions from some officers are about parole, probation, is this your car.

That's a far cry from you stating that cops have to earn respect.

Frequent Contributor

On 1/11/2015 kdgn said:

And respect for the officers has to be earned too.

That is ludicrous! His position alone should earn him respect!

Frequent Contributor

On 1/11/2015 Cattitude said:
On 1/11/2015 kdgn said:

And respect for the officers has to be earned too.

How exactly does a cop earn your respect? Keep that in mind the next time you need one. Will he have to prove himself worthy to be alive or will you reach for his gun like Michael Brown did. After all, he didn't respect the cop that told him to get on the sidewalk.

Perfectly said.

Frequent Contributor

And didn't the families request that the mayor not even make an appearance at the funerals? So much for respect.