Esteemed Contributor

Re: Be aware: Return shipping charges are becoming outrageous

They're outta their minds.

Respected Contributor

They will loose a lot of business. I just had a go round with CS about a pair of clarks shoes that were the size I have worn for years, but that I couldn't get my feet in.

The woman was very pleasant, but said it is the new policy. She said that there were too many returns to the Q so this is their way of dealing with the problem.

Super Contributor

So on a purchase you pay the outgoing shipping, then if you return the purchased item you pay the return shipping price. You are not refunded the outgoing shipping under the new policy unless it is an item that is approved by the Q to be defective. Are sizing issues ever approved as defective? Usually sizing inconsistencies are the main reason that many items are exchanged or returned IMHO.
Honored Contributor

......big whoop dee doo. The days of ordering stuff just to look at it are over. Chronic returners will have to pay for the privilege of window shopping.
Honored Contributor

whoop de doo? wow

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

I have shopped with the Q since CVN. I rarely return something. I find this new policy insulting.

Esteemed Contributor

The few times I sent something back, I didn't use their labels. I go to the post office and its reasonable IMO. Well unless it went up, I haven't sent anything back lately. But my husband sells things on ebay (like cds, or movies) and he said the post office shipping has always been reasonable.

I also think before buying anything due to having to send it back (anywhere), I take my time shopping online and never act on impulse.

It saves a lot of headaches, and that is why I only sent a few things back to QVC in many years. (I have honestly never sent anything back to any other online stores in my life).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

i am fighting a battle to get what i paid for on shipping. i ordered red service/overnight on an item for a last minute need. it didn't get out of the warehouse and turned out not to arrive for several days although i paid for premium service. i feel i am due a refund on extra shipping charges since they didn't deliver. getting a battle - which if i don't win ($7 involved - but it is the principle of the thing) i will curtail Q shopping. if you make a promise you must keep it or make good in my book

Respected Contributor

can't have it both ways. Everybody complained about the high cost of S&H here (rightfully so..) so they lowered it..and now won't refund the original shipping...WHY SHOULD THEY? Unless a item is defective ..why should they return your shipping on a item you tried and didn't want. Nobody else does that.

I don't get the mentality that they should refund the shipping? It was nice while it lasted but it is costly..

Just like the extended return policy for the holidays. Eventually they will do something with that due to all of the abuses. I have read people using holiday decorations and returning them the following month...etc. You abuse something you will eventually lose it.

If I order something from somewhere and change my mind, do not like it..etc..for any other reason than defective..why would I expect the company to pay me back for my shipping? Iti s on me!

In additon this new S&H Policy has been emailed, posted, advertised all over..

Respected Contributor

On 3/9/2015 mstraditional said:

i am fighting a battle to get what i paid for on shipping. i ordered red service/overnight on an item for a last minute need. it didn't get out of the warehouse and turned out not to arrive for several days although i paid for premium service. i feel i am due a refund on extra shipping charges since they didn't deliver. getting a battle - which if i don't win ($7 involved - but it is the principle of the thing) i will curtail Q shopping. if you make a promise you must keep it or make good in my book

I do agree with you in this instance..if they failed to deliver what they promised and you paid for..a refund is in order.