Honored Contributor

Shower curtains as soooo old school! My home is new, 3 years old. We opted to have a super huge shower, tub is in the guest bathroom. I have glass doors that are the new barn door style in my master bath. No tracks at the bottom. Its such a breeze to keep clean. No crevaces to dig gunk out of! Just wipe the sliding doors and I'm good to go. 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

@funinthesun wrote:
Getting some ideas for bathroom remodel.
Glass door or shower curtain?
Smaller bathtub or standard size?

I have a very small bathroom. And it's the main one of the house. I'm thinking of shortening the tub to put a storage cabinet or shelves at the end. Not sure how to post a picture so you can get a visual.

Personally, we take showers 95% of the time, so I would put in a luxury shower with glass doors (the frosted ones). The clear ones are awful to try to keep clean. However, I would definitely put in a standard size tub. I have a friend who put in one of those smaller oval tubs, and neither she nor her husband can stretch out their legs in it. Doesn't sound enjoyable to me.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

I am not a fan of tub baths at this stage of my life, so a bathtub is not a necessity for me.  I like large showers, and prefer shower curtains.  

My adult daughters do like to soak in the tub occasionally, so I did keep a tub in the main bath when we remodeled in 2007.   If you still have people in the house who enjoy tub baths, then going with a smaller tub will not make people happy.  

Would you consider a walk in tub, for both convenience and space?   That option would eliminate shower curtains and shower doors, as well as put you ahead in the event you need handicapped accessibility.   

Honored Contributor

@funinthesun@RedTop@ID2

B2BC090C-4020-4439-95BB-8EF11D515840-34776-00001B9EF1998058.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

04933869-71BF-4AA8-9B7E-344A40C835A9-34776-00001B9F9FF333A1.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

I do not enjoy a tub.  TMI - but it is not good for my urinary area.

I love shower curtains!  Easy to change, and wash.

Do what is right for you but I would neve make a tub a priority.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I saw the thread title & giggled.

I really thought this was going a different direction.

hee

🤣

Honored Contributor

When I saw the title, I was sure this was going to be discussing Poo Pourri.   lol

Honored Contributor

@funinthesun wrote:
Getting some ideas for bathroom remodel.
Glass door or shower curtain?
Smaller bathtub or standard size?

I have a very small bathroom. And it's the main one of the house. I'm thinking of shortening the tub to put a storage cabinet or shelves at the end. Not sure how to post a picture so you can get a visual.

@funinthesun

Are you in love with a tub?  If not, I'd get rid of it and put in a really nice shower.  

If I had a choice, I'd go with shower curtains.  I currently have doors and they are a pain.  Plus, it's boring.  The ones I have show every little spot.  And it's difficult cleaning them --- climbing in the tub, etc.  

I would go with shower curtains.  There is so much to pick from and you can pop them in the wash.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@funinthesun wrote:
http://pin.it/mkHKUNE
I don't know if that works or not. But the bathtub is small with the shelving at the end.

@funinthesun

Here is your photo.

Choosing New Bathroom Design Ideas 2016. Contrasting natural destials create the image of the small bathroom: