Esteemed Contributor

Re: Barry White and Luciano Pavarotti - 'My First, My Last, My Everything"

@golding76   Thanks for this link..........love these guys!!  What voices!

Respected Contributor

@golding76 Thank you...you made my day...love this!

Esteemed Contributor

@golding76  Oh my goodness! I'm teary-eyed and shaking! This is probably the best of these "duets" that I have seen. I have always loved the original version of this song and was a follower of Pavarotti since the '70's. I have to share this with my kids and grandkids! Thanks so much!

BTW, I wonder if Barry White carried the handkerchief in deference to Pavarotti, who always carried a handkerchief.

Honored Contributor

Be still my heart....thanks for this post.

Honored Contributor

Did anyone notice that they walked the same, lol.  Slow and carefully.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@golding76   I have loved Barry White's music and songs for decades, than you for the link.

Esteemed Contributor

I guess I am in the minority.  I wasn't really impressed.  Love both singers, but this duet just wasn't to my liking.   Sorry.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@golding76 

thanks for sharing this video.......loved it!

hard to believe neither of these powerhouses are no longer with us.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

sunshine45

The period prior to Luciano Pavarotti's death lingers in my mind because I had tickets to see him perform in D.C. in October 2007.  If I recall correctly (or even vaguely), he was to perform in NYC or its environs in the winter of 2007 but became ill because of an unspecified reason.  No one knew he was suffering from pancreatic cancer at that time.

Again, this is vague recall, but I remember a summer of hearing reports of increasing dread regarding his health.  Ultimately, the truth of his diagnosis was shared with the public.  I had an inkling that he would be unable to perform in October.

He died in September 2007, and I never did get to experience his brilliant voice in person.

The one operatic great I did hear was Maria Callas.  It would have been a singular privilege had she not been past her prime.  She and Giuseppe di Stefano (another great tenor) performed at the Miami Beach Auditorium in 1973 0r 1974.  I do not remember which year it was.  Sadly, I did not save a program from the concert.

Super Contributor

I was given a Barry White album for my birthday.  I played that album non stop.   I think I still might  have it.