Esteemed Contributor

Re: Barry Manilow Concerts in the Northeast This Summer

Wow, I cannot believe he is 78 and still performing.  Good for him.........While I wasn't a huge fan of his I did like some of his music especially Mandy and Weekend in New England.  He does have a nice voice, even if he's a bit goofy.  Smiley LOL   

Respected Contributor

@PickyPicky3 

Ooh, I saw him over 20 yrs. ago at Tanglewood in the Berkshires.  Just loved him.  Put on an excellent concert.  All ages were there & he just rocked the place.  Would love to see him again.

Bring a mask just in case.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've seen Barry over a dozen times, where I live, and shows in Las Vegas.  I have never not seen him put on a terrific show.

My all time favorite was at our Symphony Hall and he had released an album of obscure Broadway tunes.   The whole show was singing Broadway type songs... it was so amazing.  

He never fails to entertain.  It's hard for me to accept he's aging.  Barry is part of my musical history growing up and as an adult.  His songs are my songbook.

It's about time that he's honored at the Kennedy Center honors not only for his musical contributions but for all the money he gives high schools throughout the country to keep their music programs alive, like buying instruments.  He also has contributed to the Starlight Foundation that helped kids who were dying.  As a fan club member, you can't start a local fan club under his name unless you do charity work in your community as a group.   Where I live, back in the 80's we helped Special Olympics.  

Barry is a singer, arranger, songwriter and a special man. 

Esteemed Contributor

Can't smile without him 😀 Gonna try and catch one of these concerts if I can. Was hoping for Saratoga as well .
Respected Contributor

I have seen him sooo many times at indoor venues and outdoor.  He puts on a great great show.  I've always thought his voice was good not great but no one puts on a better show.  He is a true entertainer.