Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Bargain Alert, Big Sale on Bruce Makowsky's Spec House

Wow that is some house.

So if I'm viewing it correctly, you have no place to hide except in the bathroom. All the rooms have the floor to ceiling windows???

Money is nice, wish I was rich and not famous but WOW, this seems like very extreme.

It makes me wonder really how much money the QVC vendors are really making???

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Trusted Contributor

This home screams new money! UGH! What was he thinking? Never bought any of his bags.

Thank you Kachina624 for posting this. It should be a learning lesson for those who find themselves in a very good position as to what NOT to do with your money. I think this is even more foolish than athletes who make tens of millions of dollars only to find themselves broke a few years later.

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Honored Contributor

Never bought a B Makowsky bag, but thought seriously of getting a KVZ only because she doesn't use leather, but wasn't wild about all the bling she puts on them.

I guess many posters are turned off by how a vendor looks, squeezes, pole dances, slathers, etc.

That said, it's his money, and he can do what he chooses.

If you despise him/her, think their taste is gawdy, and no one can compare to you or your home, that's fine.  You didn't need to put a dime in their pocket and you don't have to live in their house!

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

I didn't see it mentioned in the article, but is it also on E-Z Pay?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

I cannot fathom the business decision behind financing, building, and furnishing a home so extreme in style and price on speculation. I doubt it is just Bruce who is at risk of losing money on this deal. A sanity check was needed here...