Respected Contributor

Re: Bargain Alert, Big Sale on Bruce Makowsky's Spec House

As they say, a house is only worth what someone’s willing to pay for it. So far, that figure is $0. Forget the cost of housekeeping, what would the security staff cost? It’s interesting to look at, but I wouldn’t want to live there. 

Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I wonder what the property taxes are.It must be in the millions!!  It would also cost millions to have a staff to clean the interior & maintain the grounds!!

It looks like Bruce Makowsky misjudged this one.I’m not surprised.He was always full of himself.

I just looked at it on Zillow & not sure if their info is correct, but it says the 2017 property taxes are $1.3M.

Honored Contributor

I didn't see it mentioned in the article, but is it also on E-Z Pay?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:
Extravagant and gaudy. Is he still married to Kathy Van Zealand (spelling)?

@San Antonio Gal

I agree, that home is awful

According to Wikipedia Kathy is still listed as a spouse but not sure how up to date that info is.........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I wonder what the property taxes are.It must be in the millions!!  It would also cost millions to have a staff to clean the interior & maintain the grounds!!

It looks like Bruce Makowsky misjudged this one.I’m not surprised.He was always full of himself.

I just looked at it on Zillow & not sure if their info is correct, but it says the 2017 property taxes are $1.3M.

Just Maine just maintaining everything.....with a 2000 sq ft House it is constant...would not want anything that big!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I look at this foolishness, I think about him squeezing his bags making all of that money. I never purchased 1 of his bags. Then I think about a house like this and with all that money so much good could have been done for so many people. Think about how many regular houses could be purchased with all of that money. What a waste, I think about him and Kathy in that large house, unable to even find each other. I guess I think things like this are selfish. If I had that much money, I would be much happier living in a regular house and giving houses or paying off houses of family, friends, and others in need. Make someone happy, stuff does not make me happy, making somones day makes me happy. 

Honored Contributor

Right after Bruce put the thing on the market, i read that there are only about 20 people in the world who could afford to buy and maintain such a house.  I suppose many of them are not Americans and have no desire to live here.

The house is a monstrosity; agree it looks like a commercial building of some type and it's full of art I wouldn't want and what to do with all those cars?  He'll go broke paying the taxes before it's sold.  I don't think he thought this one through.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

What did he pay for that house?

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower.  He built it speculating that he could find a buyer.  It was originally listed at $250M.  I'm afraid he may have to give it away and lower the price drastically.  Building it was a dumb move.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

21 bathrooms...no waiting.  All that money spent and it looks tacky and tasteless to me. Glad I made no contribution to it😜

Trees are the lungs of the Earth