Regular Contributor

Barefoot Dreams worth the price?

I am watching Barefoot Dreams right now.  They were selling some pants for over $100. These were "sweat pants" type thing. They looked so soft and nice. But I wonder if the cost is worth it. I have never bought any Barefoot Dreams items. Does anyone know if it is work the price. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams worth the price?

I have some BD items.  I do love them all.  Some are 4/5 years old, and holding up very well. 

I also have some joggers that were close to $100 in price, but I feel like when I wear something often, because I love it, it's worth the price.  

Honored Contributor

I have 2 of the long cardigans that were their first TSV.  Neither has ever been out of the house, I wear them as robes and when I get chilly.  A robe or any sweater would have served the same purpose.  No, I don't think they're worth the price.  I've never bought more.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@mormel20 wrote:

I am watching Barefoot Dreams right now.  They were selling some pants for over $100. These were "sweat pants" type thing. They looked so soft and nice. But I wonder if the cost is worth it. I have never bought any Barefoot Dreams items. Does anyone know if it is work the price. Thanks.

Yes, they are definitely worth it. I am tall so the cardigans fit me well. I don't like anything short in the body because I feel like they look like I shrank them in the laundry.😄

I own 4 BD cardigans and 3 BD pants. I wear them on cold winter days to lounge in. 💕🌺💐

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have some of their cardigans & do not think they're worth the price. They wrinkle easily when folded. Bought some CCBure appliqued cardigans & they are as soft, thicker, warmer, much cheaper & to me nicer than BFD. 

You will probably have to buy & try for yourself to see if they meet your standards as many like them. 

Regular Contributor

IMO-I've purchased a few, but, won't be purchasing again.  They may be okay just for lounging.  I don't want to pay that much for lounge clothes.

Esteemed Contributor

My feeling is they are double the price they should be.  I have several cardigans. Yes, they are soft but they wrinkle so bad and they don't come out unless washed.  They don't wash that well either. The stitching came loose and my friend who sews had to spot sew them.  I followed direction for cold water on gentle btw.  I would rather spend my money for Side Stitch, they wear like iron and I have never paid full price.

Honored Contributor

Only you can determine if they are worth it. I purchased a cardigan and I really disliked it . I should have sent it back. However, that's me. I didn't care for the fabric or fit, but the line is popular so 🤷‍♀️ I do think it is overpriced.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I say, in answer to your question, NO.  I have two items from the line you are asking about.  Both are sloppy, oversized, polyester fabric that my mom's generation bought in the discount stores. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have numerous BD pieces in different weights and styles and honestly I have to say some are and some are not.  My favorite are two crew neck solid color sweaters in regular cozy chic that I wear all winter in and out of the house.  Love them.  I would buy another in a solid color.  Cardigans with no closures are not worth it in regular, have to hold together to keep warm and one has grown to below my knees and has never been hung.

Pullover CC ultra lite Yes.  Hoodie NO, no closure.  I have enough and other than the pull overs I won'nt purchase any more.  They wash and dry great bu I no longer will but regular CC cardigans as IMO look sloppy.  Don't wear them out of the house.