Honored Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams ... really?

@fordtruck wrote:

Some of their items are made of 100% polyester and other items rayon and spandex. Remember what Issac said about rayon?  It's the poor man's silk.  

@puttypiesmom, and when he uses rayon, he'll change his tune. The guy is a hoot, but he says anything that pops into his mind.

There's nothing whatsever wrong with rayon.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

I am sorry but I could not imagine in my life time spending that much money on  a shrug or sweater.  We could have three warm blankets from Walmart.  My goodness, I work so many extra hours to get a bigger turkey and any cheap veg to go with it, No bitterness, it is the way of the world   Good for everyone who can afford luxuries such as the TSV   .   

Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't pay that either, no way. I also wont pay the price of Dooney and Burke purses. So, I guess I'm frugal too if that's what this means.lol.  My husband works 6 days a week and I cant work anymore (for years) due to spine issues, but even if I did work yet Id never pay some of the prices others pay. 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

I can not figure out what the drawing card for this line is all about. I tried one on at Nordstrom and it was not luxurious. I am petite and it almost hung to the floor. It was not flattering and the material was no big deal. I like nice clothing and don't want to spend money on oversized and overpriced lines.

Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@fordtruck wrote:

Some of their items are made of 100% polyester and other items rayon and spandex. Remember what Issac said about rayon?  It's the poor man's silk.  

@puttypiesmom, and when he uses rayon, he'll change his tune. The guy is a hoot, but he says anything that pops into his mind.

There's nothing whatsever wrong with rayon.

@suzyQ3yes, he's a huge hypocrite but I don't see his price point high like barefoot dreams. Rayon is cheap to manufacture.  A fool and his money are soon parted is certainly true.  

note:

Rayon contributed partly to the decline of the US textile industry in the 1920s. It is far cheaper to produce than wool, cotton, or silk. It also requires less processing and hence fewer workers. In addition, it was 50% cheaper than silk during the 1920s in the US. Then, it was used initially for men's socks but later for lingerie and women's stockings...wiki

Trusted Contributor

I too sometimes buy things that others would not, like expensive skin care and also on occasion an expensive purse. Some things though (like the barefoot dreams line) gives me a visceral reaction of disgust.  

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased one piece not because it was anyone's favorite or trendy but just to keep warm.  It was disappointing and nothing exceptional.  I'll take Cuddle Duds anytime....I guess their marketing strategy works but not for me.  The garment is shapeless and not overly warm so it hangs there. 

Respected Contributor

While some of you do not understand why others choose to buy Barefoot Dreams, I do not understand why so many care how others choose to spend THEIR money.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bri36 wrote:

@bewise wrote:

Terrible overpriced items.I do not see anything their for prices like that.We certainly aren't all stupid!

No one is forcing you to watch or buy...

@Bri36

We dont and thats the point....many of us know how a remote works and use it as soon as we see the brand being presented....... Smiley Wink 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

Barefoot Dreams is marketed, and promoted by hosts and vendors, as special, different, softer, more luxurious, just all around superior to any other loungewear - and the mfg has slapped a price tag on it guaranteed to make people think it’s All That simply because they say it is and charge as if it is - but that doesn’t mean it actually is.

It’s nice, it’s quality, it’s soft - and so are the other brands. There are only just so many fabrications of material out there. It can’t be that spectacularly different; as others have said, it’s all imported.  What they claim is largely according to the beholder - who swears it’s better, nicer, softer, more stylish, etc because they paid for it to be, so it just IS. Or probably not.

To each their own. 

@Moonchilde

But MOONCHILDE, all the California celebrities love it...surely that's a reason to jack up the price.... Smiley Wink 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”