Respected Contributor

Yes, I am of the frugal sort, saving because my salary just decreased a lot, as a teacher.  Their stuff is attractive and cuddly but the prices are a nightmare for my bank account!  $124 for a casual poly hoodie? Can't afford it. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams ... really?

That is a lot to pay for a hoodie. You could buy a coat for that money.  

Respected Contributor

I agree that their stuff is pretty ridiculously priced. I like it, but I never pay full price for it. Nordstrom Rack has it for half price a few times a year, including right now. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Another QVC overpriced clothing label. Not worth the cost. I ordered a item from this line and sent it back. Not a dream more like a nightmare.

Respected Contributor

Sorry Ladies, I am a huge fan. I bought Barefoot Dreams before they were on QVC and have always loved their items.  The pieces I have bought have been very good quality and have lasted fore a number of years, so far. 

They are on the higher priced side but they are not trendy (cold shoulder, camo, etc) so I don't need to worry about them going out of style and having to wait until it comes back around again.  I never feel like the items look dated. 

I am glad the Q have something for everyone

Deb

Honored Contributor

I bought the recent cardi that was the TSV.  Loved it so much I went back for a 2nd color.  Super soft, super cozy, well made.  Love it!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Skyegirl21  I feel your pain on the price tags in this line, certainly not worth what they charge for sure. I've seen this fabric in my local stores and it is NOT all that. I don't understand what this vendor thinks they have in this fabric they use.

Ms Skye, I was just looking at all of the throws the Q has online now since we're moving into the season of using our throws. This line has a few here priced in the hundreds of dollars!!!!!  Are they kidding about this stuff????

I call this highway robbery.  It's totally laughable.

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 I agree with you about being frugal, but frugality comes in all sorts of prices, so I fully understand why QVC offers a decent range of prices for us to choose from.

I've lived through many, many years during which I necessarily owned little and bought little and budgeted very carefully.  In some ways, I still make use of all I learned, but I've also learned that no one else can make me feel guilty about what I spend or how I choose to spend it. 

So, right now in my hoodie collection (assuming there is such a thing), my two favorites came with wildly different prices: one cost maybe $5 at the thrift shop (I've already worn it for at least 5 years so I don't remember exactly) and the other was over $150 just last spring. 

But -  and to me this is so important  -  I could totally afford both of those hoodies when I bought them.  I detest debt, so I would rather wear what I already own (jewelry included) than put something I can't afford that month on a credit card.  My savings are for emergencies, not everyday wants or impulses.  That's my frugality talking to me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Skyegirl21,   I agree.  I think their prices are on the high side.  And, the other brand Anybody looks cheap to me.  I personally do not run around in jogging pants and tops.  I like hoodies but refuse to pay a high price.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Yes, I am of the frugal sort, saving because my salary just decreased a lot, as a teacher.  Their stuff is attractive and cuddly but the prices are a nightmare for my bank account!  $124 for a casual poly hoodie? Can't afford it. 

@Skyegirl21

Well, come on, they certainly aren't the only game in town!  You can purchase womens' Faded Glory or Hanes hoodies at Walmart for $12 or less.  Shop around.