Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@santorini wrote:

I was a huge fan growing up.  I know the words to all of her songs and used to think she was the greatest singer.  She then turned political and I lost all respect and interest.

Great voice, but way too full of herself, and expects the little guy to do what she doesn't/won't in the name of PC. 

Can't stand her, won't support her with my money. Ever.

Hey, @Mominohio, your choice, of course. I can't criticize you because I, too, won't support certain people. Suffice it to say that you and I cancel each other out.

Nope. Just tipped the scales your way, @suzyQ3  Cat Happy

Consider the scale tipped over on its side, I LOVE her @Ms tyrion2 and @suzyQ3

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

Barbra is an incredible talent.I love listening to her sing.I love all the charitable work she does. I also admire her for speaking her politics.She chooses to get involved because she cares about something other than herself!!

Barbra is talented,strong & independent. 💐 

Honored Contributor

Re: Barbra Streisand

[ Edited ]

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@ncascade wrote:

I am confused. Did she just die?

I was wondering the same thing...............

@YorkieonmyPillow  @Group 5 minus 1

Y'all aren't alone me too.I thought something happened to Barbara.............I mean the soliloquy on her career and concerts, her voice etc..And poeople love to post Obits.....I love animals they are like family, and I'm so sorry she lost her dog of 14 yrs.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

She has a beautiful voice, but doesn't treat others well who she believes are below her status.  I know someone who was hired for one of her private parties at her home, and she treated the staff and even her husband "not very nice".  You never know what goes on in private.....

......You look like I need a drink.....
QVC Customer Care
Honored Contributor

Re: Barbra Streisand

[ Edited ]

Streisand has an incredibly beautiful voice, and I also think her performances in some movies were/are outstanding.    She's a strong, opinionated woman (based on what we who do not know her personally have come to think).    I happen to appreciate something she said in a comment long ago (Harvard Law Review):

"Interviewer:  You’ve been described as bossy and demanding. How do you respond to that?

Streisand:  Those words would never apply to a man.   I addressed this double standard in a speech years ago when I said, 'A man is commanding; a woman is demanding.   A man is forceful; a woman is pushy.   He’s assertive; she’s aggressive.    He strategizes; she manipulates.   He shows leadership; she’s controlling.   He’s committed; she’s obsessed.   He’s persevering; she’s relentless.   A man is a perfectionist; a woman is a pain in the a--.”   I insisted on one thing early on when I did my records and TV shows: artistic control.   That’s what mattered to me.   I trusted directors like William Wyler and Sydney Pollack.   I both learned from them and was heard by them.   But when I wanted more artistic control, I started directing.   It allows me to complete my own vision.'"

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I understand it's hard to separate the "private person" from the talented celebrity or their performances...  idealistically I wish we could but I believe it's often impossible.    As an example, I simply cannot watch people like Tom Cruise or John Travolta anymore.     One of my siblings was caught in the web of a cult when we were young adults.   It was not a pleasant experience, something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemies, and one thing I know for sure is that anyone who keeps a cult flourishing is not someone I want to lay eyes on.    I don't expect everyone to agree with me -- this is very personal.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I refuse to follow Streisand, regardless of her talent.

Esteemed Contributor

Back in the 60's a friend of mine got tickets to see Barbra Streisand and asked if I wanted to go with her...was she kidding?  I jumped at the chance and all I can say is that an angel was singing on that stage.   I am mesmerized when she sings and I don't give a hoot what  her political leanings are, she has her right to hers as I have to mine.  She can act, she can sing, she entertains and I love her for that.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

I've always loved her voice and music but I have always disliked her horrible personality. 

"Pure Michigan"