Esteemed Contributor

Re: Barbara Corcoran (Shark Tank)

I love Barbara & she looks far better than Martha. Martha needs to sit up because the picture is deceiving and her face uses botox and a filter.

Esteemed Contributor

I rarely/never watch shark tank. But she was on dancing with the stars and the one time I watched her, I did not like her behavior at all and the way she treated her male dance partner. Totally not a fan.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

They both look great and if they want to pose in a swimsuit, I see nothing wrong with it - at any age.

Trusted Contributor

I think Barbara looks great,she does a good job on shark attack,to top all that she has money!

Trusted Contributor

I agree Mark Cuban is really rude to some people on there.

Jessa
Esteemed Contributor

They both look great. However,their looks aren't natural. They got help from Botox, fillers, facelifts, air brushing etc. I think this sends the wrong message to aging women that they aren't enough. That they need to spend a lot of money in order to be attractive.

Respected Contributor

@jackiejenny wrote:

Shark Tank is one of my favorite shows and I have learned a lot from watching it. 

As far as the "personalities," it's a TeeVee (homage to Othereeeen) show and to an extent, they ALL play a role. 

Mark Cuban is wealthier than all of them put together and I think at times, when his true personality comes into play, he uses that to annihilate people he thinks come on the show for the wrong reasons. In the right setting, NO ONE can out rude Cuban....Barbara doesn't come close. 

As for Barbara posing, I can see that it fits her personality, but kind of wish she hadn't done it, even for fun. I admire what she has accomplished immensely. 

As @Trinity11 said, at least she's honest and most importantly, she made Kim of Daisy Cakes a millionaire! Woman Wink

@jackiejenny  While I don't condone rude,  on a few occasions, I have seen Mark Cuban, who after listening to some of the vendor's pitches, believe they're not there for the right reasons.  I do believe the sharks can weed out those people right from the start, and Mark makes no bones about exposing it.  Barbara Corcoran, on the other hand, is rude in general making totally unnecessary personal remarks like calling people ugly, etc.   

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

@jackiejenny wrote:

Shark Tank is one of my favorite shows and I have learned a lot from watching it. 

As far as the "personalities," it's a TeeVee (homage to Othereeeen) show and to an extent, they ALL play a role. 

Mark Cuban is wealthier than all of them put together and I think at times, when his true personality comes into play, he uses that to annihilate people he thinks come on the show for the wrong reasons. In the right setting, NO ONE can out rude Cuban....Barbara doesn't come close. 

As for Barbara posing, I can see that it fits her personality, but kind of wish she hadn't done it, even for fun. I admire what she has accomplished immensely. 

As @Trinity11 said, at least she's honest and most importantly, she made Kim of Daisy Cakes a millionaire! Woman Wink

@jackiejenny  While I don't condone rude,  on a few occasions, I have seen Mark Cuban, who after listening to some of the vendor's pitches, believe they're not there for the right reasons.  I do believe the sharks can weed out those people right from the start, and Mark makes no bones about exposing it.  Barbara Corcoran, on the other hand, is rude in general making totally unnecessary personal remarks like calling people ugly, etc.   

I have to agree that while Mark can be kind at times, other times he has been brutal and incredibly rude.  He crushes and insults people and their products if they are presenting natural supplements or that sort of thing.  I don't know what happened to him or someone he knows in the past that makes him so negative and reactionary to those kind of products, but it translates to him being very closed minded to hearing information about the product and him trashing some entrepreneur's dream and their product.  Keep in mind even if a deal is not struck on the tank that having the product appear on the show can generate sales so mark's strong harsh comments can be extra harmful.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@moonandthestars wrote:

@ciao_bella wrote:

@jackiejenny wrote:

I have to agree that while Mark can be kind at times, other times he has been brutal and incredibly rude.  He crushes and insults people and their products if they are presenting natural supplements or that sort of thing.  I don't know what happened to him or someone he knows in the past that makes him so negative and reactionary to those kind of products, but it translates to him being very closed minded to hearing information about the product and him trashing some entrepreneur's dream and their product.  Keep in mind even if a deal is not struck on the tank that having the product appear on the show can generate sales so mark's strong harsh comments can be extra harmful.

@moonandthestars I recently read an article about Mark Cuban about why he's so critical of people trying to sell supplements or weight loss products on Shark Tank.  I went searching for it and found it.  

He says that it really bothers him when someone takes advantage of people and makes claims that their supplements work and cannot give any valid proof of substantive testing or proven studies.  He also said in 2015,  DNA tests in NY state were done on popular supplements; ginko bilboa, St. John’s wort, ginseng and echinacea, revealing that in four out of five cases, the pills contained nothing more than fillers such as rice, asparagus, wheat and — wait for it — houseplants. The garlic contained no garlic. St. John’s wort? None.

Because of that,  he invested in a company called Labdor, which independently tests supplements and products from Vitamin C to protein bars to CBD oil.   He said it's shocking  how even the best-selling brand names not only have variability in their batches but often significantly vary in mix from their labels.  He said it's an 'unregulated' industry that brings in billions of dollars from people who are taken advantage of and who are falsely led to believe a claim that isn't true.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

@ciao_bella Well, I knew there had to be a reason!  However, maybe it would be better for him to just ask how would they certify for the customers that what they are saying is in their pills (or whatever they are selling) is actually there.  Certainly to state publicly no matter who is selling what that it's sham and snake oil is not the correct way to handle it.    Honestly, I think  based on his investment in labdor it seems he would make the perfect partner - keep it all honest and he could feel good about it.  Maybe there's even more to his story?