Honored Contributor

Re: Barbara Bush in Failing Health

[ Edited ]

@ms traditional wrote:

@momtochloe   thanks for the link which expands on her condition.  wow - she and Pres. Bush 41 have been married 73 years.  edited:  i see the link to CNN was deleted. it explained that she suffers from COPD and congestive heart failure, fyi.

Thanks to those who offered us the information provided by the deleted link. Personally, I think they're getting out of control and more than a bit ridiculous with their deletions. Fond thoughts go out to Mrs. Bush.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

The fact they have made the announcement ,makes me think, her time is very short

May she go peacefully, and pain free, back to her maker, surrounded by her family

Respected Contributor

i just read that CBS published her obituary online - clearly marked DO NOT PUBLISH.

grrrrrrrrr............

Honored Contributor

Comforting thoughts and prayers go out to Barbara Bush. I saw her speak about promoting literacy in 2005 at Albion College in Michigan, and she lit up the quad that August day with her gracious, wise presence and wit. She created the Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy. She is an amazing, inspirational presence and lady. Peace and comfort to her and to her family. 

Trusted Contributor

I hope she'll be smiling in the time she has left and she passes away w/o pain. She's led a great life and has always been a gracious woman.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ms traditional wrote:

i just read that CBS published her obituary online - clearly marked DO NOT PUBLISH.

grrrrrrrrr............

Not surprised, sadly . . .But I wanted to add that I enjoyed her book.  I read it a long time ago.  And I enjoyed his as well.  They seem like very very down to earth people.

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Of all our First Ladies she has always been my favorite. I just loved her and Millie

hi @cherry - Millie was so adorable! I'd love a Millie but alas, no pets in our home. Allergies!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

I have always admired Barbara Bush.  May she still be valiantly fighting the good fight.  She always struck me as genuine and an independent spirit.

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry wrote:

The fact they have made the announcement ,makes me think, her time is very short

May she go peacefully, and pain free, back to her maker, surrounded by her family

I was thinking the same thing........not much time left.  Hope she is comfortable and at peace.

Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

This might explain some of her recent comments. I always liked her until recently. I will pray she is comfortable and with her family. 

@Nancy Drew, I know what you're referencing, and I seriously doubt that one should write off her thoughts as having anything to do with her COPD and congestive heart failure.

This comment of yours is beneath you. This isn't the time or place.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland