Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

My DH brought home package of Dial soap bars as he had read that this type of soap was good to use for washing hands re the virus.  Saw one last package in store so bought it.  He then placed bar in every bathroom, shower.

I must say I have not used a bar of soap in ages - all our products in containers, bottles, tubes, etc,  First time using, loved it, loved the clean smell, loved the way it cleansed, all in all really impressed I love it.

Don’t know why but I felt so much more ‘washed’ after showering with this than a squirt from my normal ‘designer’  cleanser.  We live and learn.

@dulwich   My entire adult life, I've never used anything to shower except Dial bar soap.  I've even been told to use it before surgery due to its anti-bacterial properties.  No Beekman, Philosophy or fancy showering products for me.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

DH and I have always used bar soap/DIAL...never liked  liquid soap.

Esteemed Contributor

I alternate between Korres liquid and Beekman bars. Mostly Korres truthfully.

Honored Contributor

I have some Philosophy bath gels but prefer to use Beekman bar soap.

It is interesting to read what others prefer.

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

And of you have bar soap and don't like using it, toss the wrapped bars into your dresser drawers with your socks, nightgowns, and undies.

Everything picks up that fresh clean smell.

I haven't thought of this in years!  My Mother did this and always threw one in my underwear drawer when I needed it!!  I'm going to do it again, thanks!!

OH, and I've always used bar soap in the shower, only use liquid at the sinks.... Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

DH likes safeguard. For some reason it's not available? Wonder if they quit making it? They made the bar smaller a while back and made it even smaller yet again. They probably could not sell it if they made it any smaller. He does not want any soap that makes the shower floor slick. He was using Lever until they changed theirs. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Q4u , instead of storing bar soap in the cupboard, I always store the bars in the dresser drawers so they're useful even before they're used. Why let that smell go to waste in the cupboard?

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@Q4u , instead of storing bar soap in the cupboard, I always store the bars in the dresser drawers so they're useful even before they're used. Why let that smell go to waste in the cupboard?

Exlnt idea.... !  Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

Both of us use bar soap only in the shower.  He likes Dial; I like specialty soaps. We use liquid soap at all sinks.

Trusted Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

WOW!  That's just brilliant.  It never would have occured to me and yet it seems so obvious now that you've mentioned it.