Honored Contributor

Bar Refaeli Has Had Second Child

Nice.  The Israeli supermodel has given birth to Elle, a little sister for Liv. I always thought that Bar has such a natural, radiant beauty.

Bar, Elle, Liv--  The reign of one-syllable names! ( For some reason I am drawn to one syllable names.) I think her husband has two syllables, but it's a short name too.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bar Refaeli Has Had Second Child

@Oznell wrote:

Nice.  The Israeli supermodel has given birth to Elle, a little sister for Liv. I always thought that Bar has such a natural, radiant beauty.

Bar, Elle, Liv--  The reign of one-syllable names! ( For some reason I am drawn to one syllable names.) I think her husband has two syllables, but it's a short name too.

@Oznell Is she the one that used to date Leonardo DiCaprio? I know her name sounds really familiar.......

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell 

I know who she is after all when Leo dated her they were always on the celebrity shows.

I like short or one syllable first names too.  Not necessarily those names that Bar choose but first names that can't be shortened to give nicknames to. I was going to name my daughter Rebecca but saved that for her middle name. I didn't like the name Becky or Becca for a shorter version. 
Ended up naming her Brooke Rebecca. Her uncle is the only one that calls her Brookie.

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN, yes she is.  I wondered at the time if they would get married, since it seemed to go on for fairly long.  He is somewhat appealing, especially as he's gotten older, I think...

Honored Contributor

@threecees, "Brooke Rebecca" is beautiful!  I really like the reversal of expectation-- the short name as the primary name, and the middle name as the multi-syllabic one.  Good job!

I also like "Brooks" for a boy...

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznelland @CANDLEQUEEN Thank you for the hearts on the post.  

Our newspaper prints children's birthday photos every week. Lots of cute kids but some of the kids have long first and last names. Can you imagine writing your LONG name out on school papers so many times throughout the day? 

Respected Contributor

@threecees wrote:

@Oznelland @CANDLEQUEEN Thank you for the hearts on the post.  

Our newspaper prints children's birthday photos every week. Lots of cute kids but some of the kids have long first and last names. Can you imagine writing your LONG name out on school papers so many times throughout the day? 

Really not that big a deal.

Honored Contributor

Never heard of her.  

Honored Contributor

Who?

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam, she's a fairly high profile Israeli model, who was even more in the public eye during her relationship with actor Leo di Caprio.  Now she's married to a businessman named Adi Ezra.  Interestingly enough, her mother was a model too, her name is Tzipi Levine.