Highlighted
Super Contributor

@cuddlesmama wrote:

Has anyone stayed at the Bar Harbor Grand Hotel? What are your thoughts and would you recommend it? We plan on visiting in May.

My husband and I stayed at the Bar Harbor Grand Hotel about 7 years ago.  The location is perfect.  Just past the busiest section of Main Street but totally walkable to everything in town.  The room was clean and comfortable.  The complimentary breakfast was nothing to write home about.  We ended up having breakfast at a place called Cafe This Way.  It was so good that we went back for dinner.  Very casual place, a little loud, but the food was great.

The best attraction in the area is Acadia National Park.  Definitely worth the drive.

I noticed that this thread is several years old.  You may get more suggestions if you post in the travel forum.  I hope you have a great trip to Maine!

Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama wrote:

Has anyone stayed at the Bar Harbor Grand Hotel? What are your thoughts and would you recommend it? We plan on visiting in May.

See my post above, wonderful hotel. we took a package that included a few wonderful meals at sister hotels and a boat trip.