Honored Contributor

Re: Bank steps up to help furloughed workers

I wonder what the point is of continuing to doubt someone's "story" on what is happening with them during the shutdown?

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I wonder what the point is of continuing to doubt someone's "story" on what is happening with them during the shutdown?

I wonder too. If I was a federal employee and told my truth about what I was going through and anyone here kept challenging it...it would be an adios to this place for me.

I look at all of it from a human point of view. Guess that's wrong of me? Nah, don't think so.

Are all the people in the lines for free meals, those pictured above-are they just lying moochers?

Saw a couple this morning on one of the morning shows, they're both federal workers and they are selling their household items off online to try to make any money they can. 

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

I think this whole government thing is so wrong, and yes if one posts something there are always people questioning if you are lying,i really think that is out of line.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

If Congress was also not getting paid, am sure no one would be furloughed much longer...😉
Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
If Congress was also not getting paid, am sure no one would be furloughed much longer...😉

@lovesrecess some have already declined their salaries. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

But not enough of them!
Honored Contributor

I predict the Super Bowl on Feb 3rd will be the tipping point.

Really the week before.

Once a gazillion people begin to start traveling to Atlanta,

I predict there might be a strike of some sort...and action will

have to be taken.  Just My Opinion. 

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
But not enough of them!

How many is "enough"? 

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

I predict the Super Bowl on Feb 3rd will be the tipping point.

Really the week before.

Once a gazillion people begin to start traveling to Atlanta,

I predict there might be a strike of some sort...and action will

have to be taken.  Just My Opinion. 

Sad situation with the TSA agents not getting paid.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@onlyshopsonline wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21  This story is difficult for me to believe.  Federal workers have pretty good insurance for RX drugs and medical expenses.  They have a few options to choose from.

It is hard for me to believe that a diabetic person should choose a plan with a high RX copay.  I have NEVER seen a $300 copay.  The max I have seen is $200 for a non preferred speciality drug under the FEP standard program.

I wonder if this is some kind of experimental insulin.  Could be a true story, but I'd want to see proof.  Something doesn't sound right.

From what I have read, their health insurance will not cancel even if they are not being paid.

@Carmie  Believe it!  Our federal insurance does not cover one penny of the only thyroid hormone replacement that keeps me functioning.  One is about $150 per month.  The other is $525 for 90 days, from the pharmacy.  I can save on that one by ordering from the mail order pharmacy....which I don't like doing because of the heat during the summer months.  But I do.

ETA:  We have the high level of Blue Cross Blue Shield.

I'm sorry to hear that. And I believe you are telling the truth about it too.

The woman I mentioned was also hospitalized twice recently. The second time was for sepsis.

I believe it too. By now the Internet would be on fire if she was lying. On a lot of diabetic forums people working for the government are sharing how high their co-pays are for insulin. Some pay more than $300 for just 1 of their insulins. People who have a child with diabetes cannot ration insulin either.