Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ban to be lifted on import of trophy elephants

@JaneMarple wrote:

It's sick, disgusting, deplorable and downright abominable to kill an animal for a $%&* trophy!!!!

The only thing to do is for the African countries that this "sport" occurs in, is to BAN the evil individuals who like to pose for photographs and call themselves "hunters"! 

@JaneMarple. I cannot agree with you more!  I'm am truly disgusted by this ,  heard about it this morning and cannot understand how anyone can think this is good ,  but tophy hunters who IMO are scum !  How as humans can anyone let this happen?  Elephants are sensitive , wonderful creatures.  This just hurts my heart. 

Respected Contributor

Hold onto your hats.  I caught a snippet at the end of a newscast tonight which said they are considering lifting the ban on importing trophies of two more, but I couldn't catch what they were.  There are articles mentioning adding LIONS to the list.  Woman Surprised

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

Oh, now I see there's a hold on the move.  Let's hope it sticks.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

as some of us predicted this ban is still on - as decision to lift  has been postponed for further review.  

Backlash from all sides which is terrific!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
Mahatma Gandhi
"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

We are women, hear us roar...

Honored Contributor

It's been great to have just about 100% of us posting our displeasure about this topic. A big thank you to everyone. Woman Happy

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I swear, humans should have never evolved past Neanderthal stage.

@Plaid Pants2

Please, no.  Neanderthals had the same level of intelligence as humans but were never human.

All humans who are Caucasian are genetically part Neanderthal.  Usually 4 to 6%.  We did not descend from Neanderthals, we mixed with them at times. 

Actually, Neanderthals WERE human on the scale of evolution. They were rational, lived in communities, buried their dead, and had somewhat of a language. Of course they were human...predating modern man.

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
Mahatma Gandhi

I've never read that before,   I sure agree with it 100% !  If only the entire world thought this.  

Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

It's been great to have just about 100% of us posting our displeasure about this topic. A big thank you to everyone. Woman Happy

Yes it's the one thing we can ALL agree on ,  and I have to say it's wonderful !!!