Respected Contributor

Re: Ban to be lifted on import of trophy elephants

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@ROMARY wrote:

I can't read anything re: elephants.  Too heartbreaking (for me).   They seem so pre-historic, as far as I'm concerned.   Anyway, whatever (legal) that we can do to protest this lifting of the ban, please do so.  Find the appropriate gov. agencies and sign proper petitions, etc.   Even write to you know who.  His office might not even know about this ridiculous lifting of the ban.  Write, email, call, do whatever (legal and ethical) you can to make this an important issue.  

oh, he knows.

He certainly does.

Frequent Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Why on earth would anyone want a trophy elephant?  Where does one keep a trophy elephant.

I'm an elephant fan ... have collected them for years as a political symbol (and I do have one token donkey).  But all of mine can fit on the coffee table.  

@ALRATIBA One keeps their head on one's wall. Smiley Sad It might be time to start collecting more donkeys... Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

You have to wonder just how much of a psycho someone must be to get joy out of killing elephants for fun. They even need to bring something home to relive that experience. Sick!

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

Remember who is doing this.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

This is just disgraceful.  Utterly and unequivocally disgraceful.  

Honored Contributor

If none of us here write/email, I can only imagine the hundreds of thousands of people who also aren't.  Send our complaints to someone 'over there'.  Just 'pick a person' that you think will do the most good, and send those letters/emails.  ......... Also, A. has been rich in diamonds, gemstones, coffee, possibly oil, and other natural resources for hundreds of years.   All of the money/profit made over there remains 'at the top'.  There's plenty of money to go around to the people, rare animals, preserves, etc.  In other words, place your $ where it actually reaches the proper places, people.   Jmo, of course.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

What can I say that hasn't already been said?

When I heard, this, I tried to imagine WHAT would motivate someone to want to do this.   Of course, there is no answer.

Ignorance, arrogance and power are dangerous.

Now, they are being used to destroy....

@Maudlynn

Oh, there's an answer all right.

Respected Contributor

@JillyMarie wrote:

I think we know who will love this.

@JillyMarie  Sorry for being naive, but who will love this?

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I can't read anything re: elephants.  Too heartbreaking (for me).   They seem so pre-historic, as far as I'm concerned.   Anyway, whatever (legal) that we can do to protest this lifting of the ban, please do so.  Find the appropriate gov. agencies and sign proper petitions, etc.   Even write to you know who.  His office might not even know about this ridiculous lifting of the ban.  Write, email, call, do whatever (legal and ethical) you can to make this an important issue.  

@ROMARY

"You know who" is the one who did it.

Disgusting.  VIle.  Inhuman.

Trusted Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

@JillyMarie wrote:

I think we know who will love this.

@JillyMarie  Sorry for being naive, but who will love this?

Sorry, but I'm not going to type out a name that will surely get blown away.