Honored Contributor

Re: Ban to be lifted on import of trophy elephants

@chessylady wrote:

Since when is saving animals considered political?

Well said, @chessylady.  

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

It's sick, disgusting, deplorable and downright abominable to kill an animal for a $%&* trophy!!!!

The only thing to do is for the African countries that this "sport" occurs in, is to BAN the evil individuals who like to pose for photographs and call themselves "hunters"! 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JaneMarple wrote:

It's sick, disgusting, deplorable and downright abominable to kill an animal for a $%&* trophy!!!!

The only thing to do is for the African countries that this "sport" occurs in, is to BAN the evil individuals who like to pose for photographs and call themselves "hunters"! 

Except the countries allowing the hunting get huuuugggee fees for each kill. Huuuugggge

Honored Contributor

For shame.

Regular Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@Maudlynn wrote:

Hunted and killed in Africa, according to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. The ban on bringing these "trophies" to the U.S. was instituted in 2014.

Who does this benefit? Certainly not the animals.  So wrong on many levels, imo.

I could take a wild guess since I am aware of a trophy "hunter" but I'll take the question as rhetorical.

Only a handful of people have the "opportunity" to engage in this "sport". Why make a rule like this for such a small minority of the population? Another rhetorical question.

Respected Contributor

Truly deplorable.

I thought I couldn't get any angrier.

I was wrong.

Respected Contributor

Just awful.  Disgraceful.

Honored Contributor

Why surprised? Look at the treatment allowed of animals. Please educate yourself regarding horrifying condtions treatment allowed then off to local grocery store. Eye opening life changing for me.
Honored Contributor

I stopped in my tracks and actually cried when I heard this yesterday.  There is no justification for doing this except to merely reverse everything for the sake of reversing.  Deplorable.  The elephant is a majestic animal, among so many incredible animals.  Elephants protect one another and treasure the family unit, they are magnificent giants on this earth. 

I foster a couple of elephants via the DSWT Foundation in Kenya.  They do amazing work in protection, conservation, medical intervention, reintroduction back into the wild, and preservation. 

One swipe of a pen can be so incredibly horrible and far-reaching.   

Respected Contributor

i doubt this will happen - like the military waiver being lifted regarding mentally ill which was reversed the next day.