Honored Contributor

Re: Baltimore Freddie Gray case

This was for the officer who was driving the van?

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

This was for the officer who was driving the van?

Yes

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@terriebear wrote:

This is the third officer found not guilty.  The tax payers could have been saved a lot of money if this had been brought before a grand jury, like most high profile cases are.

I think they are all having a bench trial, so at least the tax payers are not paying for a jury trial.

No, Officer William G. Porter had a jury trial that resulted in a hung jury. 

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Not sure I would convict for second degree murder, however when you aim for the fence there is a good chance you will come up short.  Think prosecuters wanted a plea deal to be accepted.

There were lesser included charges.  Excerpt from:  http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_BALTIMORE_POLICE_DEATH?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAU...

Baltimore Judge Barry Williams said the state also failed to prove manslaughter, assault, reckless endangerment and misconduct in office.

"There has been no evidence that this defendant intended for a crime to happen," Williams said, adding that "the state had a duty to show the defendant corruptly failed in his duty, not just made a mistake."

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

@Mellie32 wrote:

The police officer was just found not guilty of second degree murder.

I honestly thought he'd be found guilty or something.

Or something? I for the life of me do not recall in law school the section on something. 

Woman Surprised

lol

Super Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:

@Jackaranda wrote:

@bmorechick wrote:

I'm surprised...but pray that my hometown can remain peaceful. So personal for me - my family lived and worked in the city from the time they immigrated to America. The fabric remains with me, even with all it's issues as it's memories of home and running around all over the city during my teenage and young adult years.

--------------

If the AA community leaders come out and ask for peaceful protest. That would help. 

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

It's not just a matter that pertains to the African-American community but to all ethnic and racial groups. White included.

Three officers were African-American and three were Caucasian.

Esteemed Contributor

@terriebear wrote:

@Lila Belle wrote:

@Jackaranda wrote:

@bmorechick wrote:

I'm surprised...but pray that my hometown can remain peaceful. So personal for me - my family lived and worked in the city from the time they immigrated to America. The fabric remains with me, even with all it's issues as it's memories of home and running around all over the city during my teenage and young adult years.

--------------

If the AA community leaders come out and ask for peaceful protest. That would help. 

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

It's not just a matter that pertains to the African-American community but to all ethnic and racial groups. White included.

Three officers were African-American and three were Caucasian.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

That's right.

My post was about possible protest. African-Americans aren't the only group that were angered and concerned about the death was of Freddie Gray.

Highlighted
QVC Customer Care

This thread is closed for commenting. It is going off topic and heading in a controversial direction