Respected Contributor

Balsam HillTrees

[ Edited ]

A friend bought one of these artificial Christmas trees and said just how beautiful it is.  Expensive, but worth every penny.  It was so full and had many lights.  I wondered if any of you have purchased one from Balsam Hill site and what your impressions are.  I want to buy one, but not seeing something "in person" scares me.  Especially what they cost.

ETA correct title of post and in the body of my post.  Should be Balsam Hill. Thanks for correcting me.

Respected Contributor

Do you mean Balsam hill ? 
They do look full and real.  I’ve never owned one.

Honored Contributor

Re: Balsam Farm Trees

[ Edited ]

@coffee drinker wrote:

A friend bought one of these artificial Christmas trees and said just how beautiful it is.  Expensive, but worth every penny.  It was so full and had many lights.  I wondered if any of you have purchased one from Balsam Farms site and what your impressions are.  I want to buy one, but not seeing something "in person" scares me.  Especially what they cost.

@coffee drinker   We bought ours from Balsam 'Hill' (your title states Balsam 'Farm') last year and LOVE it!

This is the one we bought...

newtree.jpg

And here it is decorated...

P4820331.JPG

Regular Contributor

I have had two Balsam Hill trees.  Excellent quality and very realistic.  Used for years with no light problems, and donated when we changed tree sizes.  I highly recommend these trees.

Honored Contributor

In this case, paying more is clearly worth it. I have older QVC trees which I'll keep using, but a new one like the previous poster showed sure would be a treat.

Valued Contributor

Re: Balsam Farm Trees

[ Edited ]

We love ours. This is its fourth year, and still no problems with the lights. Balsam Hills does a great job of describing each tree as to color, needle type, set up, etc.  I picked ours because it was described as perfect for hanging and showcasing ornaments. Even after the lights go, we're keeping it. They do have sales occasionally during the year. 

I also have a BH wreath on our front door and an outdoor hanging basket. 

ETA, they send along detailed instructions, gloves (which I don't use), and have great customer service. 

Respected Contributor

I have one in my living room right now and have had one previously.  I love them.  And if you have problems there is a numbere you can call to get help.  I have a Frazer Fir this time and it is outstanding.  I recommend them highly.  It is worth the money.

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise Your tree looks beautiful as does your home. Thanks for posting the picture.

Honored Contributor

@coffee drinker  I have purchased many items from Balsam Hill.  I only decorate my out side doorway...but have  seperate spring, fall, winter and Christmas decorations for my entryway from them.  Expensive.  Yes. But they last years and years.  

Here is my Christmas doorway this year.

D6B19789-97BD-4E30-87EE-A8DF01C57E34.jpeg

Occasional Contributor

I have a BH tree and it's on it's 4th year.  It is beautiful and full.  No light problems.  It came with gloves to use when putting it up and fluffing it.  At first, I thought, really? Gloves.  Ok.  Started putting up the tree and after 15 minutes I was looking for the gloves.  The branches are substantial and can be rough on your hands.  The gloves are a must have.  Once the tree is up, it is spectacular.  It is expensive, but it sure looks it.  It's a very good investment.