Honored Contributor

Re: Balloons and Noisemakers for the New Year at the BAck Fence

QueenSue - I never knew TX got that much snow until I watched the news a couple of days ago.

It's overcast and drippy looking here. I made a run to the recycling center, hit the grocery store, picked my 3 month supply of Synthroid and grabbed a $5 hot and ready pizza from Little Caesars (I think it's a regional chain). Since I tanked up the car on the way home last night, I can stay home and wait for the store. I think we are only getting 1 to 3 inches tomorrow. Then again, I don't think the weather forecasters really know.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Hello ladies,nothing much going on. Has been cold and rainy. just reading a lot, and still trying to get rid of the clutter. we are getting there slowly but surely, I am happy that I not losing any more hair. Now I just wait and see if it grows back. I have tried ti email HASD but a having trouble with my email. Will try again this weekend. Hope all are safe and warm.
Regular Contributor

How's every one this fine evening? Not much going on in my world either epi. Glad to hear that your hair problem has stabalized. I'm so happy with the results of this shampoo as I was getting tired of finding my hair everywhere. I gave Robin some little purses and tiny jewelry bags to give to her little granddaughter to play with and when I was showing them to her and opening the little bags, lo and behold there was one of my hair's. Yuck!{#emotions_dlg.blushing}I'm sure it's silly to be embarrassed as I'm sure it was clean, but for some reason finding a hair in a place it doesn't belong just freaks me out. Well, that may be a little dramatic, but let's just say I really don't like it.

Bird Mama, we live in the Panhandle of the state which is in the NW area and it gets very cold here, but it is high desert so we don't get much moisture. In fact we have been in a drought for a very long time so we appreciate any moisture we can get. Now the southern part of the state is much more humid and if they ever get snow it's very rare. Jim was born and raised in that area and it seems like he mentioned that he remembers one snow when he was a kid. This is the Houston, Galveston area which is near or on the Gulf of Mexico, so the weather is totally different there. We lived in the San Joaquin Valley in Ca when we married and the weather is similar to what it is here except it's not nearly as cold. But we had been married for a few years before we took a trip to Houston. In AUGUST of all months, and I thought I was going to die. I'd never experienced anything like that heat and never want to.

Betty, I take it you're going to FL in March. Too bad you couldn't have hitched a ride with Cindy this cold, dark month. Glad you're doing better.

Jim made some delicious potato soup and he won't mind if I share some with all of you. Did in and enjoy the hot sour dough bread with it. Don't burn your tongues - it's steaming!

Happy Saturday night all. Sue

Honored Contributor

Today is somebody special's birthday - Winifred!!!

I brought some breakfast quiche muffins to snack on since it's early

I added some croissants in case you like bread like I do.
Honored Contributor

For later, we'll have cake and ice-cream {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Trusted Contributor

Happy Birthday. Freddie. Hope you get to do something special. It's 8 degrees here so I'll pass on the ice cream. Tell your critters to get their dancing paws ready
Trusted Contributor

Happy Birthday Winifred. do something nice for yourself,you deserve it!!!! I heard from HASD. She says "hello", she just has been taking a break for a while....
Regular Contributor

Looks like everybody's here but the birthday girl. Hope you're having an enjoyable day, Freddie. We're all enjoying your special day with all these goodies Bird Mama brought. Thanks Bird Mama!

Epi, glad you heard from Sherron. Nice to know she's OK. Are you in the path of the Nor'Easter? Sounds like a place I wouldn't want to be. I understand there's a curfew in NY City due to the weather and I heard the governor has activated the National Guard and ordered cars off the road by 11 p.m. The 1 - 2 feet of snow predicted makes our measly 10 inches pale in comparison. Hope all in the path will be safe.

Even if it was 8 degrees here, I'd still want a bowl of that ice cream. Stay warm in those cold conditions, Betty. Hope your skin problem is much improved.

Happy Monday all. Sue

Respected Contributor

Here I is!!! LOL. Had a busy but very nice day. Took a friend to see her CPA and she had promised me lunch and a movie for my BD. Well we could not make the movie so will do that either tomorrow or Thursday. Nothing wrong in stringing this out. Her meeting with her CPA took over two hours. Geesh, did not know when I took her but she had been messed up by her investment broker who was also there to the tune of paying more than $80 grand in taxes last year. How horrible and quite frankly that investment broker should have given her her opsions re taxes, profit, etc to make an intelligent decision re what to do. I think it is horrible and I feel so bad for her. Yes, she has money to even pay taxes like that but she could have gone on like she was and her normal taxes for the year would not have even hit one fourth of that - really wrong. She is meeting with a representative from her elected Representative to Washington, in about a week - sure hope she can get some relief from it. This day and time there are crooks in all sizes, shapes and whatever. Just bad.

Thank you one and all for your great BD wishes - much appreciated. I was so surprised and very pleased to hear from a couple people from my former workplace on Facebook - what a surprise and how nice it was. I appreciated all the great greetings but to hear from OLD friends - how blessed can one be.

Raining cats and dogs here - and really foggy and earlier super windy. Tomorrow morning I head to my MD for my annual - GROAN! Cannot stand that but must do it.

Yes, a very nice BD and again many thanks to all of you. STay warm.

Trusted Contributor

It is a nifty 7 degrees here this morning but I can see sunshine. Going up to 27. Hope your physical went well, freddie. Merle and I both visited cardiologist Monday and that went pretty good. I think we are done with drs for awhile Still have to think about my crown. Dr would like me to go on ekequis and give up warafin. Will need to check out price difference. War agin is cheap but you have to pay for all those lab tests. First I have to get my count down to 2 which I should find out about by Thursday. Nothing fun planned on my agenda today. My granddaughter in law suggested a book titled orphan train. She said it is about friendships. I loaded it on my kindle and will see. I certainly wouldn't have picked it from the title. She's pretty good with book recommendations. Will let you know what I think.