Honored Contributor

Re: Balloons and Noisemakers for the New Year at the BAck Fence

I was looking around the web for inspirational quotes that featured animals and stumbled across this one - not inspirational but funny as all heck

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

KZEKS - we have missed having you here for a long time now. Yes indeed, this marvelous lady was one of the originals on this thread - wowee!!!!!! Kzeks, have you heard anything at all about Sue - AKA Gfrog - she is so very much missed and we know she was not doing well but no one has kept us posted about her at all. I know several times in past years her hubby came on board to let us know but it has been so long now. She had the craziest sense of humor of anyone I knew. Now if we could only get Jody back also to lay a howdy on us - and several others of course.

Am tired - aren't I always any more? Have a great day tomorrow everyone.

Trusted Contributor

So nice to see you at the fence K. I have developed some sort of allergy that had invaded only my face. What a mess. Doc gave me prednisone and told me to slather my face four times a day alternating between cortisone cream and eucerin. And not to wash it. Ugh. I hate putting stuff on my face. Bit I had slits for eyes and looked like I had had a chemical peel. Can't imagine what set it off. I thought maybe knitting too long at a time but you'd think that would affect my hands. Looking better now. I hope this does it
Super Contributor

Hi! beautiful ladies.. No I did not hear from Gfrog... Did

you try emailing her???

:

Sue, I know how awful those lungs can get... I had pneumonia twice

and I get x-Rays twice a year...

:

Freddie.. I thought of you when the wild fires were burning and

sent a little prayer up for your safety..

:

Betty, I hope the medicines prescribed will bring you relief..

:

Bird Mama, Cute pictures... We have a cute but very naughty

6 month old puppy...

:

I hope to become better acquainted with the other back fence

visitors...

:

We are all well ... Hopefully ... In spite of getting the flu shots Brigitte

her husband & 2 children had the flu... They went to the Doctor

who told them that it was a slight version of the flu..

I keep telling all of them that I do not want them to breathe on me...

:

I am trying to write this for over an hour... Hans could not find the

magazine he was reading. I looked every where.. He just found it

under his pillow... The puppy jumped on the bed and he put it

under the pillow so he would not tear it apart..

I also stopped to feed the pup.. Who put his paw in the bowl and

had food everywhere...

Then Brigitte called. Someone ran into the back of her SUV and took off..

The bumper and light are cracked...

:

I keep reminding them that they have good lives...

:

I am leaving some hot tea & low cal cookies at the fence...

Sleep well..Big Hugs...

Joey

Respected Contributor

Didn't have too many spare moments yesterday so I didn't get back here to say hellow and of course was sooooooo delighted to see Kzecks back again. That is so very special.

Am waiting to see if this actually happens but am assured it is correct - right here in town. Am a lover of TJs but we do not have one here so must go to REdlands. Anyway what I started to say is Aldi's is building a store here. Did not mean a thing to me until I was told Aldi originally owned TJs. Everyone is really excited about this so we will then have TWO super super grocery stores. We already have a Fresh & Easy - a marvelous store but they sold and have gotten very pricey. Their prices are for the most part way out of line but have to admit their products are the very best. I am not, nor have I ever been a fan of a big box grocery store. Wonder if Aldi's carries the Veggie Bird Nests? Have no clue but it will sure make things easier. LOL.

Took Davey to Urgent CAre - he had one of his big toes that appeared to be severely infected and a real mess. I already knew he picks at his feet as he got an infection once before - but nothing like this. Anyway am so glad I went. They gave him Meds and if they do not turn the infection around he could lost his toe. He refused to take a shot so he now has pills. I do wish his Mother would occasionally - and when so very important - tell him he will do what is best and that would have been to take a shot. They also found he has a urinary track infection due to his eating habits which has aided and abetted the toe problem. His Mother ratted him out to the MD - and I was proud of her for doing that - and told them how he eats and that he sneaks a lot during the night. Guess the MD gave DAvey quite a lecture and I am so glad he did. So he does not go back to school until Tuesday - Monday is a holiday - and he needs to spend a lot of time there - these kids who think they know everything. Geesh.

Am headed to Curves - have not been there since Tuesday and that is not good - just too many other things to do.

Betty, hope you are doing better and any and every one else who have had some health setbacks, get better quickly.

Leaving some coffee and hot tea and some blueberry bagels and cream cheese. Dig in.

Honored Contributor

Hello all - it's Friday afternoon and I am counting down the hours till it's quitting time. My company is closed on Monday so I get a three day weekend. New Year, new static from people I work with. Honestly, don't fling anything at me, but I wished I worked with more men. These women are drama mamas (lol).

Freddie - you mentioned that Davey has some issues with weight. Do you know if he's ever been checked for diabetes? I ask because of the UTI and foot thing. I'm sorry that kid picks at his feet. I used to bite my nails when I was a kid because I was a nervous kid. Hopefully, Davey will grow out of the habit like I did.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Hello, hello Back Fencers - today is the day I remove the exterior Christmas lights and all of my interior Christmas décor. House will look bare in no time - I'm not much of a holiday decorator when it comes to Valentines Day, St. Paddy's or Easter. I do have a heart shaped wreath for the front door.

Right now it's 28 degrees outside but the sun in shining right on the front porch and garage so the light cords should be a little more pliable than they were yesterday.

Popping the clips off of the gutter and around the porch roof frame should be easy - just give them a yank. It's funny how putting everything away goes so much faster than putting everything up.

I do take time wrapping my ornaments and ceramic snowmen and my plushes like Grinch and his dog Max.

I'll tell myself that the seasonality of it all is what adds to it's 'specialness'. I think I will keep the one piece nativity out though.

Respected Contributor

working outside in 28 degrees would do me in for sure. That's cold!!!!- Don't freeze out there Bird mama.

Quiet in my house right now - critters have all had their morning rituals and I am sitting here typing and visiting. Shortly will get my body in gear and get ready for church. Have a couple chores to do later today - also outside - but thank goodness it is not 28 degrees here. To me that is super cold!!!!

ACtually it is cold right now but should get up to about 70 - guess I can handle that - but to me that is not really warm. Guess it is because the nights and mornings are still very frigid.

Hope all have a super great day!!