Honored Contributor

Re: Balloons and Noisemakers for the New Year at the BAck Fence

Epi, you overworked yourself cleaning out that basement. I understand, believe me, because once I get a mind to do something, I keep going no matter what - as demonstrated with my shoulder - after cleaning those darn windows like a maniac.

My eldest sister has RA and Fibromyalgia and when it flares up she can't get much relief either.

Freddie - you're almost as cold as us here in Michigan. I grew up with radiator heat, my grandma had the type of heater you have. It was in the dining room and the further away the room, the more clothes you needed to pile on.

Queen Sue - I haven't gotten any measurable snow yet. We had freezing rain that turned into regular rain all day yesterday. I don't mind significant snowfall on Friday or Saturday. The commute to work is a bear if we get it on Sunday night - oh brother, people around here drive like they've never seen snow before.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Here are some pictures of winter landscapes

Honored Contributor

It was 8 degrees above zero with wind chills of 8 degrees below zero this morning. My driveway was a little crunchy from some left over frozen rain but the roads weren't bad during the morning commute to work. We are expecting 1 to 3 inches of snow tonight into tomorrow. I guess it's good my shoulder isn't killing me anymore - I'll be shoveling this week .

I live with little birds like this and don't know how they make it outside in the winter without losing their feet.

Respected Contributor

WE have had a very nice day. Mornings/nights still freezing but it got up to 73 this morning. Pulled some weeds out front. Yippee!!! Late morning, however, some winds picked up and that was not nice. All in all a great day - tomorrow is suppose to be even warmer - suits me fine.

Gotta run and let Conrad in and check on these felines - they can be a big headache on occasion. LOL. Stripes took off across the street but he has been behaving so hope he comes back like a good boy. He is still on his meds but the better he feels the more problem he will become. Hmn.

Hope all had a very good day!

Trusted Contributor

Well they sure put me through the hoops to get in here. QVC and I have been having a problem. I tried ordering a toy before Christmas, they demanded a new password which I gave them and they acknowledged. Took my purchase clear up to final part and then rejected it. I haven't used my card in a while (like 5 years) but still. After they said they had taken my new password I would have thought..... oh well. Saved me some money

I got a new Mac and have been playing with it. I think I am really going to like it except for the price. It is sure nice to have a physical keyboard again. I love using my iPad for quick checks of the web sites and short replies but they keyboard is so much better when you an feel the keys push down. lol

I have an appointment at noon so better get my act in gear. I spent five days in the hospital with a uti but am doing better now. I thought I had the flu.

Now I have to serve myself lunch and I like it.

Respected Contributor

Betty, glad to see you here and sure hope you are indeed getting better. Hospital stays are no fun at all - take care. Hope the MD visit went well.

Did not want to get out of bed this morning - slept pretty good - ahhhhhhhhhhh for the days, however, when I can go to bed and sleep all night. This waking up every hour or so is for the pits but at least last night only woke up three times - I think - and went right back to sleep after a trip to the bathroom - that was good.

Suppose to be another nice day but somewhat cooler than the last couple, Boo Hoo. Then by the weekend we will be wet and cold again. Time will tell.

Davey has another hour to go before I go in and give him the first Wake Up Call. He does NOT like to get out of bed but will say the second call - so far - has always worked well. No hassle at that point. LOL.

Have a great day everyone.

Honored Contributor

Hello all -

Betty (Yock), if I may call you Betty (I'm Bernie), sorry to read about your UTI. My last one was August 2008 (lol). Yes I remember it that vividly {#emotions_dlg.scared}.

Freddie - I'm not that much of a morning person either. It's funny, you'd think after working days for 34 years that I would be a morning person by now {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}.

Hey Epi - how goes it at your part of the fence.

I guess it's just us at the fence these days, like the 4 Muskateers.

Trusted Contributor

Hi ladies,it's very cold here also, to. Be in the teens tonight. tomorrow I see a nurse practitioner at the derm's office. I have noticed that my hair is hardly falling out at all. hopefully she can help with having it grow back in. we are trying to figure when we can go to Fla. to see Vins brother and his wife.I have to work around a lot of Dr. Appt., but we will get there sooner or later. looking forward to seeing them and enjoying a little warm weather to boot!!
Trusted Contributor

It is 8 below here this morning with a 20 below wind chill. Part of the city was without electricity so am holding my breath. We are all electric so if it goes - so do I. It doesn't appear to be real windy so that is a good thing. All the school are closed.

Our internet was down much of the day yesterday. What a pain. We get so used to having it. Merle was trying to do some reports and was not a happy camper. We seem to have recovered.

Queen we got about 4 inches of snow too. Merle was surprised when he went out and proceeded to shovel the drive with a shovel. He has a perfectly good snow blower - he sells them - but he thought it was going to be a quick job. groan He said the neighbor on the corner was shoveling his too. Last night the EMS was there so am not sure what happened. I don't want to go over and knock on the door so will try to keep my eyes open. I am usually in the back of the house and don't see much out the front.

Can't seem to get caught up on my sleep. I don't know if the antibiotic is making me sleepy or what. Only three more days on it then maybe I'll feel more ""normal"".

Respected Contributor

Hey BEtty, welcome back and hopefully you are doing better. Nothing ever improves within minutes or seconds but at least you feel like writing and joining in with us. I did not see, however, where you brought anything to eat. Hmn. By the way I am leaving some GREAT cinnamon buns - those BIG things. Also bringing coffee and hot tea. Later in the day ice tea will taste good but not right now.

Just gave STripes his meds - looks like he only has enough left for tomorrow morning - and that means he is off and rolling again. LOL. He obviously feels so much better and I am so relieved. Just love that big macho cat. He is sooooooooooo sweet.

Started cleaning out my closet - what a nightmare but am making progress. How does an old lady like me make such a mess and get so sloppy - not only teens do this I have figured out. Davey walked in and looked at me and said "Grandma, I am not going to say a word." Told him that was a very wise decision. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

I am really tired so in a few will turn the lights out. Fixed chicken breasts in the slow cooker with dry ranch dressing, onions and baby carrots - fixed extra some delicious buttered corn. Good meal. Had to take a shelf out of the fridge and clean it - have no clue who did it or what it was but thought for a second I broke it as part of it fell down and that has never happened - got it all back together - thank goodness. These fridges now are pure junk in my opinion. What a mess and I just cannot understand this generation - to me you make a mess then you clean it up. No big deal. I have an idea the mess maker was the kids mom and not them. Do not think I will ever know.

Hope all have a great day tomorrow.