Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Balloons and Noisemakers for the New Year at the BAck Fence

Hello all, it's been a cold a crazy week. Work is getting off to a rocky start - I'll just say, it's never the work, it's the people.

Freddie I bought a new fridge in 2009. When we bought this house, appliances were left behind so for years I dealt with a side by side fridge. I grew up with a regular fridge - freezer up top and fridge on the bottom. The fridge starting groaning really bad after DH passed away and since he wasn't here to vote for a side by side Wink, I bought a new GE 'normal fridge'. Now I could have bought a less energy efficient model for like $475 but no, I had to buy the energy efficient model of the same fridge for over $900 (on sale). We are not talking a fancy fridge here. I've had that thing for almost 6 years now and it is the noisiest fridge I ever had in my life. The paperwork that came with the fridge even warned that it made noise - of course they had rationale - compressor, coils.

I think the thing is partially haunted {#emotions_dlg.blink}

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Another cold day here in SE Michigan. I got up, chatted with my buddies in Fashion Talk on the weekly AM Style thread then headed off to Barnes and Nobles to pick up a copy of book 5 of the Frankenstein series by Dean Koontz. I ripped through books 1-4 this week and have to finish book 5 or I will go nutcakes. I am old fashioned in that I like to hold an actual book in my hands - not yet ready to try the kindle or nook thing (or whatever they are called).

When I got home, I put the car in the garage, grabbed a shovel and did the sidewalks, porch and double wide driveway. Oddly enough, there was more snow on the driveway. My bad shoulder, which hasn't liked the bitter cold and has been giving me some fitful sleep this week is ticked off right now.

I use it, it aches; I baby it, it aches. Ugh, what are you gonna do?

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone. We are having a litte bit of rain but not enough to do much good so am hoping it rains a lot more later on - suppose to continue through tomorrow night.

Am really tired and sleepy - shortly I think I will stretch out with the assorgetd four legged critters. Really getting a bit irritated with ALL of them now deciding my bed is the best place in the house at nighttime. LOL. What characters they are and when ALL of them are up there, I am the one who cannot move.

Have a great evening and even better tomorrow. Stay warm all of you who are very very cold.

Regular Contributor

Hey Back Fence Gang. I brought some delicious Mandarin Oranges. These were packed and I'm sure grown in our old stompling grounds in the San Joaquin Valley in CA. They are so sweet and juicy and just right!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

It has been so cold here for days and days, but today was 56 and a beautiful sunny first day of the week. After our worship service we decided we'd just come home and have sandwiches rather than go out to eat. Since Jim fell a few weeks ago he has had nearly constant pain in his left arm and securing my scooter to the lift requires quite a bit of strength and I knew he didn't need to do that more than twice today. Bird Mama, he can sympathize with you concerning your arm pain. One of the scariest books I ever read was written by Dean Koontz and I cannot bring myself to read another. I have not held a book in my hand since I got my Kindle and I love it! I don't miss the actual book at all as it seems like the Kindle is the book....turning pages is a bit different, but still requires my finger to move{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Our electricity went off for about an hour yesterday so Jim lit the gas fireplace since it was getting a bit chilly plus my concentrator went off. I was using my cylinder and had several so I wasn't going to be without O2, but at times I have to use the concentrator and when the electricity finally came back on the concentrator wouldn't 'stay' on. It would work for a few minutes and then it would go off and make a horribly loud noise which of course is a safety feature letting you know there's no flow, but after many tries and checking everything, Jim finally called the company we get O2 from and the young man on call came out a couple of hours later and brought another concentrator. However, as he was bringing it in somehow or other he hit one of the rollers and broke it and didn't have one to replace it so he had to leave the poor little three legged thing and because it's not stable it rattles and sounds like a Mac truck is barrelling down on us. The young man who brought it was embarrassed and apologetic and said someone would take care of it Monday and I'm sure we can put up with the noise for one more day{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Freddie, I have no pets now, but can remember sleeping with my pooch and two cats. I hope you have a big bed with all your menagerie! How exactly do you fix the dry ranch dressing chicken breast's? Sounds interesting.

Betty, I am so sorry to hear about your hospitalization and hope you're well on the road to recovery by now. I read or heard that Mohammed Ali was hospitalized with what was thought to be flu and he also had a uti. After reading what you'd posted about your illness and what you thought it was I thought it was ironic to hear a similar story about him and wondered about the similarities of symptoms. Can't believe Merle was out there shoveling snow when he has a snow blower Our bad weather kept us house bound for days and we were getting cabin fever though I loved looking at it fall and as it was on the ground. There's still snow around town and I noticed a bit in the eve of our house as we left for church services.

Epi, I bought a shampoo and conditioner from HSN because I was loosing a lot of hair and the vendor said it would stop that and it certainly has. Robin said she used to pick up lots of hair when dusting and now seldom sees any and I'm not seeing nearly as much in my brush and on my clothing and furniture. Let me know if you're interested and I'll post the name.

Happy Sunday all! Sue

Respected Contributor

Queen Sue, NO I do NOT have a big bed - it is a Full. While I am older than dirt I never have had any animals sleep with me until Conrad moved in 2 1/2 years ago. I even had to go and buy steps as he is a Scotty and his little legs are just that - little short things. I could not believe I did that but he obviously wanted UP on that bed and I was having trouble picking him up. Since then, one by one the cats moved in. Have had Stripes and Miss Blackie for 8 years and they NEVER wanted up on my bed. I am not a happy camper about all those fur balls up there but on the other hand, it's nice to know they love me. Or is it just the comfort of the bed????. I have bought beds for the critters through the years but they NEVER used the beds i bought for them. Even Bailey who had the nicest bed money could buy, rarely used it and did not want any part of my bed. LOL.

Rain has stopped - we needed it but of course could always use some more. The rain we have had in the past two weeks or so has been a real blessing. Of course the increased WATER RATES AND TAG ON FEES will remain. Grrrr.

Sue, it is miserable not having any electricity and I would like for you to post that shampoo, etc for your hair. My hair has really come out in the past couple years - I have tried vitamins, forget it, also a couple other things, same result, forget it. Actually the vitamins increased the hair loss. Can you imagine?

Have a great day everyone - I am having a cup of coffee - anyone want to join me?

Super Contributor

HAPPY NEW YEAR...!

:

My dear friends how are you?... I know it is a few days late

but we can toast with some sparkling drinks... How are all of

you?...

:

Freddie as usual you always tend to the "Back Fence" nicely...

Sue, Do you have a small generator that you can attach

to your unit??

Betty, I am so sorry to hear that you were not well... Did you

ever try the Andrew Lessmans Cranberry capsules ?...

:

The days & months are going by so quickly and we are all

getting older... and the aches and pains greet us each day...

:

Dani was discussing someone who works in her office and

described him as an "older man" So I asked her about how

old?.... She answered .."About 32 years old" I laughed so hard

I almost fell off my chair... Hans turned to me and said "I bet she

thinks we should be in a Museum"

:

To all of the wonderful visitors to the Back Fence... Hello and

best wishes!

Regular Contributor

Hi Kzeks! What a nice surprise to see you here. I have been intending to tell Bird Mama that two of our original posters were also from MI. It's so nice to have you visit us and hope you'll come by more often. You always had such interesting stories to tell us. I got such a kick out of your daughter's comment and then Hans' Perhaps she thinks you're both dead and won't lie down{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Bird Mama, our other MI poster was also named Sue so in order to diferentiate the rest of the poster's began referring to me as Queen Sue. Anyway, Sue had such a sense of humor and is so missed. She began having severe health problems and was no longer able to post so she as well as all of our original and various visitors through the years are missed.

Freddie, here's the site you need. You might want to check out her entire line and perhaps just get the shampoo rather than the three items in this particular order, but this is the one I got. I don't particularly like the oil spray, but I think it's just a preference and has nothing to do with whether or not it helps. But the shampoo is definitely helping and it takes very little of both it and the conditioner. I hope it helps. I no longer color my hair and I don't use a blow dryer either, but I don't think either of these things have anything to do with the fact that my hair is no longer falling out. Jim and I were both getting tired of finding it on our clothing, the table the counter tops etc, etc. So good luck.

I think a dog named Conrad certainly deserves to sleep on a people bed!SmileNo doubt that had been his experience in the past or where you went there he wanted to go too. And apparently the cats thought the same thing about him. Every living creature wants to be comfortable. I just saw a picture (maybe on fb) of a horse all cuddled up in a living room on the couch......think the caption was if you're cold your pets are too; bring them inside. And if animals have been domesticated they do need extra warmth, but God certainly provided for those animals who must stay outside. Our cats have the biggest fur coats you can imagine even though we have provided them some housing, not all of them use it.
Epi, how are the FL plans coming along? Maybe that warmth will help your aches. Hope so. Have you heard from Sherron? Tell her hi and that she's missed if you are in touch.
Betty, how strange that you were not able to use your Q card. Unfortunately they never have problems taking my money{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}I actually don't know what I'd do without them as I do nearly all of my shopping with them since it's virtually impossible for me to get out any longer to shop. My lungs may not work, but my shopping gene and fingers sure do!Wink
Sure hope you're feeling lots better.
Happy Monday all! Sue
Trusted Contributor

thank you so much for thinking of me Sue. right now I am not going to try anything new. I went to the dero. Office and saw the nurse practitioner. she ordered a lot of blood work, still waiting for results. Told me to use Rogain for men,it's stronger, also told me to take pre-natal vitamins and Biotin for now. she said it was not a infection. glad I went to her. the Dr. Was there, but did not see me.She was only seeing a few pts.and doing paper work. She is having a difficult preg. And is actually working out of bed,in the office!!!! not yet decided in trip to Fla. Hope to go by Feb., but right now I am in a lot of pain,so making no plans. Stay warm everyone, will be back when I feel better.
Honored Contributor

Epi - I take Nature Made Biotin daily. I have been doing it about 2 years now. Like I said before, it don't do much for my fingernails or my dry skin (lol). It doesn't cause me any stomach upset. I would be scared to take Rogaine. I don't have cable - I get my TV from the antenna and every quack law firm out there advertises on antenna TV. Everytime they ask, did your husband or son take Risperdal and develop breast tissue (like a woman) I cringe.

Honored Contributor

Hi Kzeks and Happy New Year to you too