Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

They are beautiful creatures.  We have plenty here in PA especially at our summer place.

I am scared of them...we have to carefully watch our little dogs; they can swoop down and grab them.  I have personally seen them pick up bunnies playing in the grass and take fish and ducks out of the lake and fly away with them.

Their nests are huge and they're fun to watch... from a distance.  We use binoculars.

Valued Contributor

Do you know where this picture was taken? I follow severa...

Do you know where this picture was taken? I follow several bald eagle nests across the country with live cameras on You Tube and wondering if these could possibly be one of those bonded pairs. TY!

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you know where this picture was taken? I follow severa...

[ Edited ]

@Scorpio1971 wrote:

Do you know where this picture was taken? I follow several bald eagle nests across the country with live cameras on You Tube and wondering if these could possibly be one of those bonded pairs. TY!

@Scorpio1971 

Nothing was said. Just this photo was posted.  

I follow live cams, too.  Wouldn't it be nice to know if we were watching these two?  They do appear to be bonded, I call them married, pairs.  

Honored Contributor

I gave up on the pair in Washington DC - at the National Arboretum - after three or four unsuccessful years.  I think they're still around and they frequent the nest but there have been no eggs.

Honored Contributor

be still my heart....magnificent

Honored Contributor

This is my current favorite eagle picture.  This bird looks so fierce and regal. 

Screenshot_20211203-183920_Chrome.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I saw my first Bald Eagle in Colorado in 1976.  They were so rare at that time that I thought it would be the only one I would ever see.  The comeback has been so successful that now I see eagles in my own Iowa town.  Amazing!

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee ,

I've never seen anything like this before-the most amazing eagle photo I've ever seen!

I'v seen them live but never flying together like this!💞

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Beautiful, majestic! Takes my breath away and stirs feelings of love of country.