Honored Contributor

Re: Balanced and Insightful Interview Today: Harry's Friend and a Royal Expert Talk

[ Edited ]

Earlier, someone noted that as a second tier royal Harry had never had the opportunity to use his skills and abilities... I guess I'm left wondering what Harry's perceived abilities are? From what one gathers, the plan is for them to sell what amounts to disposable touristy types of merchandise bearing their Sussex logo... Still more profiting form the royal connection it seems. Beyond that, it would also appear he intends to partner with media types to garner gigs for himself and Markle. I'm not sure either enterprise relies heavily on skills or abilities... And one might guess that pool will dry up rather quickly... I further don't see either of them making a career giving speeches or having books ghostwritten for them... Even if they made the attempt, the market for more than one tome each would probably be quite small... I truly think the've over-estimated their marketability... Unlike people of true accomplishment that others might well want to read or hear speak, what, realistically, do these two have to say that would warrant more than, well, that proverbial fifteen minutes...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: Balanced and Insightful Interview Today: Harry's Friend and a Royal Expert Talk

Unless there is stipulations about how the money is to be spent, I think it is his to do as he will..I am sure he has a good deal of money that is also  from his own personal sources..investments and things of that nature @stevieb 

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

Unless there is stipulations about how the money is to be spent, I think it is his to do as he will..I am sure he has a good deal of money that is also  from his own personal sources..investments and things of that nature @stevieb 

@cherry  You're certainly entitled, as they say. to your opinion, but Duchy funds are not, as noted, the same as his personal resources, Certainly, if Charles wants to fund the two of them with his personal fortune, that is completley up to him, but there are strong opinions, especially among those who support the Duchy, that if Harry and Markle are to enjoy Duchy funds, they should be doing the job they more or less agreed to do when they accepted their titles and peerages...  Clearly, William and Kate, who also received funds from Charles, work hard for their take... Is it fair to them that Harry and Markle should reap the same rewards for far less effort? As a point of information, reports were that the percentage of funds Harry and Markle had proposed giving up was approximately 5% of what they are currently enjoying...

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain. You don't know that she didnt want to attend Maybe the royals didnt want her to and wanted to talk to Harry by themselves to see what he said without her influence.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am not sure that you could say they gave less effort @stevieb  Harry has been involved in the  Invictus games for the last 5 years

Megan did the cook book. They went on a Royal Tour..Meghan was pregnant for 9 months, then had a newborn to care for.. They have only been married for 20 months. I don't know what their day to day schedule was but they certainly were seen out and about at  public places representing the crown

I don't think they were slackers. Maybe they didn't to s much as some others, but they did work for the Crown

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@occasionalrain. You don't know that she didnt want to attend Maybe the royals didnt want her to and wanted to talk to Harry by themselves to see what he said without her influence.

It could be, but I have to believe that if she wanted to attend, she wouldn't have hot footed it back to Canada... Moreover, she wouldn't have left the kid there in the first place... Nope, as usual, my take as that Her Duchessness wanted to have her cake and eat it to... Participate, but not have to face the music in person... 

One does wonder what personal conversations ensued as part of this meeting or either before or after it... After all, these people are family and one has to assume that they did speak to each other aside from any negotiations that took place... Surely, Charles or the queen must have, at some point, expressed their utter disappointment in how Harry handled all this...

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I am not sure that you could say they gave less effort @stevieb  Harry has been involved in the  Invictus games for the last 5 years

Megan did the cook book. They went on a Royal Tour..Meghan was pregnant for 9 months, then had a newborn to care for.. They have only been married for 20 months. I don't know what their day to day schedule was but they certainly were seen out and about at  public places representing the crown

I don't think they were slackers. Maybe they didn't to s much as some others, but they did work for the Crown

@cherry  Cherry, I think you and I have to simply agree to disagree... you seem intent on supporting them and, once again, that's your right, but my comment was about going forward... I do not fault Markle for her limited role while she was ostensibly 'learning' or when she was pregnant... But pretty clearly, she's decided to cut and run, as has Harry...They clearly do not intend to work full time for the royal family and yet they plan to continue taking a significant cut of the loot... 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb. Maybe it's as you say, but my point was really that @occasionalrain made an assumption that isnt necessarily true.
Honored Contributor

I am not supporting them. I am trying to be fair.. They did some good work and I think they deserve credit for it..they did some not so good stuff ,and I think they should be  held responsible. It isn't just all bad stuff ,nor all good stuff @stevieb  it is a combination of both