Honored Contributor

Re: Balanced and Insightful Interview Today: Harry's Friend and a Royal Expert Talk

I can't imagine Harry would leave the Invictus Games or his work in Africa.

I think that's the "part time" part that they want to keep plus official events that occur several times a year.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Re: Balanced and Insightful Interview Today: Harry's Friend and a Royal Expert Talk

@Blahblahvampemer wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Bottom line,Harry can't have his cake & eat it too.If he wants to separate from the royal family then he has to live without the perks,period.They shouldn't give him a dime.He also shouldn't be allowed to benefit from his bloodline,ie: merchandising etc.

Not that I'm a fan of the Royals.I personally think they live off the backs of Britain's citizens.But Harry is acting like a spoiled child who misbehaved & still thinks he's entitled to his allowance.

The royals actually earn billions for Britain, and they've paid taxes for ages. 

So! I thought that's what the deal was.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@stevieb. Maybe it's as you say, but my point was really that @occasionalrain made an assumption that isnt necessarily true.

@Pearlee  Agree, we couldn't possibly know whether she was plotting to have her advisors, such as they are... listenting in, though nothing would surprise me at this point... That said, it became clear she had always intended to head back to Canada as soon as it was divulged she'd left the baby there... I thought that was odd. I'd have thought she'd have wanted to be there to support Harry but I guess not... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Since there are multiple threads on the subject and I never know which is the most active, I found this fascinating.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/editorials/article-harry-and-meghan-and-why-members-of-the-r...

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

I find the whole thing strange.  They got married and had a baby soon after.  Haven't even been married two years.  It takes time to get used to living in the Royal Family.  

I'll bet Meghan wants to get back into acting.  Can you imagine the publicity she would get acting in a movie.  Now she will be free to do so.

I doubted this marriage would last, now I'm sure of it.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama Now that's interesting. They can't live there but is there a limit on a visit? Can they visit for six months of the year? Can they own property or even rent since both translate to a residence and a residence means home aka living there.

I can't think all this turmoil and change is beneficial to someone prone to depression.

Honored Contributor

I think you can buy property @occasionalrain  but you must pay a big surcharge if one of you isn't a Canadian citizen  .

Respected Contributor

IMG_1263.GIF

Honored Contributor

@stevieb   "On the one hand, he wants his independence and on the other I suspect that at some level he might resent the reality that he is not, nor should he be, part of the 'inner circle' anymore"  Why isn't he part of the "inner circle" anymore?  Someone else mentioned "explosive news," so I am thinking I have missed something along the way.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

I haven't read all the threads so do not know if what I am going to write has already been discussed.

This is what Meghan and Harry plan to do if the Queen does not meet their demands, according to Tom Bradby, Harry's close friend.   They are planning an explosive tell-all interview and  Mr. Bradby said he has "some idea" of what could come out in an interview and it would not be "pretty".  It would claim racism and sexism is the heart of the palace and this could really shake the monarchy.

I, of course have no way of knowing if any of it is true.  I was able to bring up an article which I read and if they truly did make the threat, to me it is beyond despicable.   

Prince Charles is very hurt because he did everything he could to make Meghan feel welcome and comfortable and spent millions of dollars to give her

everything she wanted and needed.   This is such a sad situation that, had it been handled properly would not have caused such discord.  Meghan and Harry need to grow up and take responsibility for their actions.  My heart goes out to the queen.  At her age and with her husband's health in a precarious condition she certainly doesn't need or deserve such disrespect.

Ita agree about the Queen,re: her age and her husband's health..very sad about Harry...I think he's spoiled and Meghan is taking advantage of the situation...the Royal family have done all they could to welcome Meghan. They had a fairytale wedding..!!!!!!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West