Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh After I read your post I went to her site and looked. Yep I thought that must be it-- I hadn't seen it before although I think she has used that fabric which she created as a background on others like the peace symbol one and a dragonfly one. I love this one with those cool handles she put on. It is tempting me now too (for her next sale).

Esteemed Contributor

O.K. you two, I just ordered one a moment ago for my DDIL for part of her Christmas so I am trusting you opinions on this Seller.  I have had excellent luck and quality with the Sellers on Etsy.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Re: Bags by April

[ Edited ]

@beckyb1012 wrote:

O.K. you two, I just ordered one a moment ago for my DDIL for part of her Christmas so I am trusting you opinions on this Seller.  I have had excellent luck and quality with the Sellers on Etsy.

1. She is an excellent seller who does perfect work and seems to be a nice person.  I've loved all my bags from her and have never had a problem. If I ever did, I'm sure she'd do everything she could to make it right.

@beckyb1012 

Honored Contributor

@Pearley wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

1. She is an excellent seller who does perfect work and seems to be a nice person.  I've loved all my bags from her and have never had a problem. If I ever did, I'm sure she'd do everything she could to make it right.

@beckyb1012 

She makes great bags, has been on Etsy for years and has terrific reviews.  Which one did you buy?  Maybe @Pearley  or I have that one too, LOL.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I just bought one of her bags; the one with the polar bear.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

She has really cute and well made looking bags! 

Keep in mind for those who want a discount that a shop like hers means that she is making those bags probably at home by herself.  

I've had a shop on Etsy for over 12 years. I know how time consuming it is to make hand made items and while some give discounts some of us (like me) don't tend to do so.  It's like asking that they work for less money.

Just my thoughts on it.

SignsByDiane dot Etsy

Trusted Contributor

@Pearley 

@gidgetgh 

I went to her site on Etsy and the bags are so cute!  I am so very tempted but I have a big bin of cute tote bags and Vera Bradley bags in a closet so I am trying hard to resist..........

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Patbz wrote:

I just bought one of her bags; the one with the polar bear.

@Patbz  I love that one, it's so unusual! If I remember right, one of her customer reviews said it looks like something that would be in a museum gift shop. I agree. You'll get tons of comments carrying that.

Do let us know what you think when you get it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@haddon9 wrote:

Keep in mind for those who want a discount that a shop like hers means that she is making those bags probably at home by herself.  

I've had a shop on Etsy for over 12 years. I know how time consuming it is to make hand made items and while some give discounts some of us (like me) don't tend to do so.  It's like asking that they work for less money.

Just my thoughts on it.

SignsByDiane dot Etsy

@haddon9  I mentioned discounts above  but never said I wanted one or would ever ask for one.  Perhaps you misread something? She has occasional sales and has sent me discount coupons before (perhaps because I'm a frequent buyer?)  Gidgetgh and I have bought for gifts too.  I don't ask for or expect a discount but I do go a little crazy when she has a sale!

By the way, I've found that quite a few Etsy vendors offer me some kind if a break on a subsequent purchase after I make a purchase.

Honored Contributor

@Pearley wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

Just my thoughts on it.

SignsByDiane dot Etsy

@haddon9  I mentioned discounts above  but never said I wanted one or would ever ask for one.  Perhaps you misread something? She has occasional sales and has sent me discount coupons before (perhaps because I'm a frequent buyer?)  Gidgetgh and I have bought for gifts too.  I don't ask for or expect a discount but I do go a little crazy when she has a sale!

@Pearley   That's great that she does...It's not anything about your comment but I just wanted people  to be aware that most handmade shops spend a lot of time & labor creating what they do,  There has been many heated discussions on the Etsy forum about discounts and coupons.

There are people who actually think that I have a company with a warehouse making signs...no It's just me (with the help of DH who cuts the wood) painting them in my basement.