Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Pearley  do you know if she ever does a Black Friday or Cyber Monday deal?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

What @gidgetgh  is referring to is bagsbyapril, a wonderful Etsy shop of mostly handmade totes although April now makes masks and a tea towel now too.  We have discussed this shop on another thread.

I don't recall if she does but I suspect she'll have something to compete. She did just recently have a 15% off totes sale when I acquired 4 bags (one a gift) so that wasn't very long ago. Love the ones I just bought!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Pearley wrote:

What @gidgetgh  is referring to is bagsbyapril, a wonderful Etsy shop of mostly handmade totes although April now makes masks and a tea towel now too.  We have discussed this shop on another thread.

I don't recall if she does but I suspect she'll have something to compete. She did just recently have a 15% off totes sale when I acquired 4 bags (one a gift) so that wasn't very long ago. Love the ones I just bought!

@Pearley - I bought 2 during that sale.  I'd like to order one now, but can't decide whether to wait it out and see if she does another one Friday or cyber Monday. She has been raising the prices on those bags.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh  LOL. I asked her after I read your post and she answered! Starting tomorrow there is a 15% off  sale thru the end of the month but it's not site wide. The items will be changing also. She said to see what goes on sale tomorrow check her "deals" which will be 15% off tomorrow. But again she is going to rotate things. I never noticed her deals.

You are right about the prices going up. I only buy on sale or when she sends me a coupon. I remember the masks started at $16, then went to $18 and now $20.  And totes increased too(but sondid postage rates and shipping on the totes is free).

To everyone. Her totes are so worth it. She uses beautiful, unusual, artistic  fabrics and the bags are very well made and durable. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Pearley wrote:

@gidgetgh  LOL. I asked her after I read your post and she answered! Starting tomorrow there is a 15% off  sale thru the end of the month but it's not site wide. The items will be changing also. She said to see what goes on sale tomorrow check her "deals" which will be 15% off tomorrow. But again she is going to rotate things. I never noticed her deals.

You are right about the prices going up. I only buy on sale or when she sends me a coupon. I remember the masks started at $16, then went to $18 and now $20.  And totes increased too(but sondid postage rates and shipping on the totes is free).

To everyone. Her totes are so worth it. She uses beautiful, unusual, artistic  fabrics and the bags are very well made and durable. 

@Pearley - thanks!  I'll hold off tonight (though it's hard, LOL) and see if the one I want is in sale tomorrow or over the next few days.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Pearley ok, so the one I want is not listed under "deals".  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@gidgetgh. Of course. Isn't it always that way? She definitely said the sale merchandise will change around I think she said every couple of days. I'd definitely hold off purchasing at full price til the end of the month to see if it goes on sale. It's the 22nd tomorrow and there are only 30 days in this month.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Pearley wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@gidgetgh. Of course. Isn't it always that way? She definitely said the sale merchandise will change around I think she said every couple of days. I'd definitely hold off purchasing at full price til the end of the month to see if it goes on sale. It's the 22nd tomorrow and there are only 30 days in this month.

@Pearley -the "deal" bags she currently has listed look like the "gee these didn't sell, let's put them on sale" bags, but what do I know. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Re: Bags by April

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh  To some extent. Mostly fall and Halloween she may not want to store for another year.  If those were the only ones going on sale, no sense waiting to order the one you want. But since she is going to be rotating with other stock, I'd wait the 8 days left this month to see what else she offers for sale.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Pearley - I caved, LOL.  I had a $5 off coupon so I used that.

I ordered the Laurel Burch elephants bag.