Honored Contributor

Re: Bagged Salad Sickens 122 in 7 States

HyVee pulled the salad before the news reached the public.

This is one time I'm glad I prefer romaine over iceberg lettuce.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

What?  I thought it was only Chinese-produced food that was contaminated.

A lot of salads get contaimated frequently all around the world.  The main problem is the machines that chop the salad. The last couple of contimations were from that in the the U.S.  

We eat Ready Pac Salads almost everyday for lunch, so I'm used to the warnings.  Ready Pac sends it out to me. Supermarkets are good at getting rid of the salads very quickly.  But you should pay attention anyway.  Romain seems to get more contaminated then ice berg.  But they are both risky.  

Honored Contributor

I haven't bought bagged salad in many years.  I used to think they were the greatest thing ever.  Now I think of them as germs in a bag.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@Sooner  ......  I wasn't questioning the buying of tood. I was questioning blaming a whole country for the deaths of Anericans from the virus.

@Sheila P-Burg, it's ludicrous. But then so much of today is downright head-spinningly frightening and potentially dangerous.

And I will bet we would disagree on what is the most dangerous too!  

And also anyone interested can read about seafood, where it comes from and the issues and hazards involved and NPR has a good segement from a few years ago on how American seafood goes over seas and cheap seafood comes back because things like slave labor used overseas and other species of fish that are cheaper.

Americans won't pay the price for better fish and people in Asia will--so they get a lot of our seafood

@Sooner, if this is still part of a response to me, I wasn't at all talking about the buying or not buying certain items from China. I just don't adhere to idea that everything is evil from that country.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland