Respected Contributor

Re: Bagged Salad Sickens 122 in 7 States

Whoops. Sorry. I thought this was a thread about contaminated bagged salad.

(And they say women should run the world.animated-shocked-smiley-image-0065.gif)

What worries you masters you.
Valued Contributor

I recently got a new salad spinner online (BBB) and am recommitted to washing bagged produce. All. Husband has been fighting EColi 5 weeks it sucks.
Respected Contributor

This just proves that healthful eating is dangerous.

I have never heard of a cookie recall.

Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@Lali1  .....  How can you condemn a whole country for what you believe might have happened by a select few? Someone had to have "transported" the virus to our country. Should we condemn them too?

@Sheila P-Burg I'll answer that one!  I am going on information about the health standards in some places, the pollution (why I don't eat Asian seafood), the industrial waste, the lack of inspection and the "anything for a buck" attitudes that led to tainted baby food and pet food and a number of other things.

So yes, I am very cautious about what I buy from China.  Not to mention their labor laws and use of people--and I don't need to add that although that is an important issue to me.

Plus, what they do in other areas I'll not discuss. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner  ......  I wasn't questioning the buying of tood. I was questioning blaming a whole country for the deaths of Anericans from the virus.

Respected Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@Sooner  ......  I wasn't questioning the buying of tood. I was questioning blaming a whole country for the deaths of Anericans from the virus.

I answered that on my last post. Surely everyone has heard why we should blame China for the spread from there.  I haven't spoken much about food from China but my husband has told me not to buy fish or chicken imported from China. I won't explain why it's disgusting. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@Sheila P-Burg, it's ludicrous. But then so much of today is downright head-spinningly frightening and potentially dangerous.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@Sheila P-Burg, it's ludicrous. But then so much of today is downright head-spinningly frightening and potentially dangerous.

And I will bet we would disagree on what is the most dangerous too!  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

And I will bet we would disagree on what is the most dangerous too!  

And also anyone interested can read about seafood, where it comes from and the issues and hazards involved and NPR has a good segement from a few years ago on how American seafood goes over seas and cheap seafood comes back because things like slave labor used overseas and other species of fish that are cheaper.

Americans won't pay the price for better fish and people in Asia will--so they get a lot of our seafood

Honored Contributor

I buy heads of lettuce, not bags.  But I do get my spinach in a bag.  This needs to stop.  Someone's not doing their job.  Gee's people have been through enough health scares, and sicknesses, and worse.  I'm just so tired of it all.