Honored Contributor

Re: Bad Karma. 2020 has been a terrible year!

[ Edited ]

@Ceci@winamac1, I'm so sorry for both of your individual tragedies.  Indeed, this year has had a negative impact on all of us but you've helped some of us put things in more perspective.

Prior to reading these two posts I might have came on with some complaints but they are nothing compared to yours.  I hope things get better for you both.

"There but for the Grace of God, go I."

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Yes, this year has the H___ on earth.   Three elderly relatives (parents/MIL) to help out during this Covid mess...I am on nerve medicine as coping with other medical issues too. 

My thoughts are:  Sorrowful times are mentioned in the 'good book' ... I believe this is what's occuring in our world (I know others have different beliefs).   And my prayers are with other posters with such tragedies in their lives.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Supposedly, God doesn't give you more than you can handle.  I think He's testing me.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I have sympathy and empathy for everyone posting here about their troubles. I have had more than my fair share of my own for six years now. Things were headed in baby step better directions for me, then covid hit and changed everything.

Then last month I lost my Dad. Thankfully not to covid. I'm grieving on top of many other difficulties. And it intensified the loss of my Mom for me. She was my person, and I was hers.

I do believe in karma-that things and people cause bad karma. I also believe in not constantly boasting about how perfect and idyllic your life is. Everything can change in an instant, and there but for the grace of God goes anyone. I think it's particularly distasteful when other people are talking about their own pain and troubles. But that's where sensitivity and empathy are required.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

Yes!!! @Ceci, I have wondered just what is going on with this year also. I'm not into astrology, so I don't know but it just has seemed like things were "off" this year. 

My pain started in early Jan with the loss of our only grand baby who was a premie. Nothing has compared to that, but there have been many other things too. 

This virus just brings its own layer of frustration and pain to everything else this year has brought. 

I am just tired of having to live like we are on house arrest. 

I have been staying outside when I take things to my elderly parents. They have a porch, so I go kind of early or later in the day because of the heat. It occured to me yesterday, that in the winter, we can't do that. It gets cold here and we have a winter wind lots of days. I am just angry at this situation. My dad is 83 and momma is 75. I am thinking we may have had our last family Christmas/Thanksgiving dinners together with my parents home packed to the brim of family, friends and food. How is this possible? 

Honored Contributor

@Ceci  Sounds like you do have a lot to worry about with husband and Son ill.

But you must ....focus on the now...focus on what is going on NOW only. Do not worry about three hurricanes or getting the virus. Do not worry about what bad might come or happen to you.....In fact your dwelling on those bad things will bring them into fruition!  We create our reality without realizing it... I have witnessed this in my own life. You must bring new positive  preceptions into your thoughts.

Try, as hard as it may  be to  do....to think about THE GOOD....ANY LITTLE THING PAST OR PRESENT.  Tell yourself everything will be fine....focus on POSITIVE. Think about what GOOD you want in your life....ANYTHING!  Do this several times a day...even at first when it seems stupid....keep at it!  

It seems very hard to do at first....but over time....you will turn your life around.  The energy will change and create positive flow to you! All the negative energy you give power to when you dwell on bad things will continue in your life unless YOU change the way you THINK.

It sounds too simple....but it works! 

Esteemed Contributor

I try to remember we will have seasons, good will follow after bad.  At least that is the promise.

You’re not alone if that offers any consolation.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ceci wrote:

Everything about this Pandemic has affected lives so much. Then other things went wrong in our life. Husband sick, adult son sick, both complicated health issues that wasn't there a year ago.

Me trying to shop, clean (used to have a cleaning crew), cooking, running everyone to doctors, picking up things they need and trying to find supplies for the house.

I feel exhausted. I'm afraid of picking up the virus for my own health and bringing it home to them.

We live in Florida, now they are predicting three hurricanes are possible in the next week.

Great! Just what I need to deal with on top of everything else. I thought, I can't wait for New Years Day! I'll buy myself a bottle of champagne and drink it all myself! Can't really do that, but nice thing to dream about.

Has anyone else found that this year has brought so much stress and problems to your lives that seem out-of-the-ordinary?

It feels like bad Karma. Wonder if anyone is in astrology, numerology, or some other kind of type of predicting the future?

I figure we'll now get hit with three hurricanes, destroy the house and lose everything. I'm just getting really depressed over everything.

The Covid numbers have not gone down and they opened the schools fully. I feel things will only go down hill fast. 

Any Astrologers out there?

I'm sorry things have been challenging for you. Have you looked into who might be able to help lighten your load (ie care.com, nextdoor.com, etc)? 

As far as the virus numbers - I saw a graph that shows the death rate is down to what it was at the beginning so keep in mind that numbers increase because testing does. 

It will probably help to start a list of the good things in your life. Make it a game and see how many things you can come up with every day (big or small - everything counts). A positive outlook, gratitude and humor will also make a difference. Hoping for the best for you and your family. {hugs}

grph.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

To answer you question about astrology and it is only for those willing to look at it. 

I hesitate discussing this because someone will tell me it's political despite it being neutral; however, I must touch a bit on that because that's what's happening.  What affects our country also affects each one of us personally.  

If everything appears to be falling apart, well it is.  

The problem is the planet Pluto.  It has made a return to United States' natal Pluto.  This is the first time Pluto has done this to the U.S., so no one knew exactly what could happen.  We can only look at other older countries.

It started in 2009 and lasts until 2024, so we have a few more years of tearing down and rebuilding. 

Pluto rules Scorpio, the sign of death,  tearing down the old, rebuilding, renewal, other people's money, subversive activities, secrets, everything that is hidden.  Pluto is in Capricorn, the sign that rules the government and politicians. 

Without going into a lot of detail most won't understand.

Pluto is the planet of death and renewal.  It's also good vs bad.  It tears down, then rebuilds.  It exposes corruption, evil, that has been hidden for a very long time for everyone to see and exposes the truth for everyone to see.  Pluto forces change.    

It does not necessarily mean death in the sense of passing away, but it could.  Think about Covid-19 being most dangerous to older people...Pluto in Capricorn. 

Pluto exposed we have always been ill prepared for infections coming into the country, previous viruses tested us before, nothing was done about prevention despite warnings.  

Pluto doesn't always mean death, the passing away of someone.  It usually means the death of old ways of living.  However, sometimes, people will die, from infections, old age, diseases.  

The tearing down process can be very destructive.  

Pluto also affects everyone on an individual basis, too.  Everyone has Pluto in and transiting their charts.  So also expect to see changes in certain areas of our lives tearing down and rebuilding.  

We have been seeing the worst of Pluto since 2009.   Resisting these changes makes life much more difficult and destructive.  Regardless, they will be changed whether we like or not. Pluto is very strong power that is not in our hands. 

Fear, anxiety, and depression are very common during this time.  We have no idea where we are going or how we will end up.  We feel we have no control over our lives.  

For some, the changes are welcome.  Others rebel.  

This doesn't help make everyone feel better, but for those watching events closely and willing to accept reality, it is what is occurring.

Honored Contributor

It's a lot. We would not be here if we weren't strong enough to handle it. I believe that. I don't believe we deserve bad things. I believe we are here to prove we are stronger than our hardships and move beyond them with our kindness and decency and spirit intact.

I'll give my opinion on this here. I generally don't because nobody asks for it.

We are in a time of change. (Astrologically we are in a long transition from the old Age of Pisces into the Age of Aquarius. I have mixed feelings about astrology.) It feels like we are being uprooted because we are. It is so important to focus on what you want and not allow scary appearances to deceive you. Appearances are always deceiving. Warm loving feelings from your heart will always tell you what is true.

Keep your eyes on your prize. Stay happy and hopeful. People manage to do that every day in jail and hospitals and even in war zones, so we can do it at home.

Motivational speakers can keep your mood up when you need it. I particularly like Jim Rohn, Les Brown, and Caroline Myss. You can find all of them on Youtube.

Very recent and powerful Caroline Myss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IClbwxKVaL8

Always focus on what you do want and keep switching your attention back to it from what you don't want. Race car drivers know this from experience. They train themselves to react that way. If there is a crash on the track, they are trained not to look at it and instead to keep their eyes on where they want to go. If they look at the crash for even a moment, they subconsciously steer toward it and join the crash.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr