Trusted Contributor

Re: Bad Karma. 2020 has been a terrible year!

@ID2 Wrote:

I'm not about to let a virus rob me of being me. No way. I refuse to let it win. I've actually taken control of my well being. I'm eating better, walking miles a day, feeling great. I have a brand new granddaughter. Life is good. 

You are fortunate @ID2, unfortunately the virus did "rob" some of us of being "me".  When you lose a loved one to COVID, I guess even though we wanted to "refuse to let it win",   it did win!

Esteemed Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Our house burned in 2019 and that was still a better year than 2020.

I am so sorry your lost your home in 2019. I really hope things get better for you, and for all of us soon. 

Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop wrote:

@ID2 Wrote:

I'm not about to let a virus rob me of being me. No way. I refuse to let it win. I've actually taken control of my well being. I'm eating better, walking miles a day, feeling great. I have a brand new granddaughter. Life is good. 

You are fortunate @ID2, unfortunately the virus did "rob" some of us of being "me".  When you lose a loved one to COVID, I guess even though we wanted to "refuse to let it win",   it did win!

I'm so sorry for your loss @BunSnoop . Sadly there are many people who seemingly live in a world where this virus is judged only by how it affects them. I guess it will never matter unless and until it does. I can't wrap my brain around that, but that's just me.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Valued Contributor

Both of my parents are now in a nursing home. Trying to stay safe from the virus & my own health issues have been very stressful this year. Many Dr.'s not seeing new patients. Not being able to really see my parents in the nursing home is terrible. Both are hard of hearing & have bad eyesight. They are both 97 so it's not a shock. It is to them though. I would never have dreamed of this happening to my parents. I'm depressed!

Honored Contributor

@DAD wrote:

Both of my parents are now in a nursing home. Trying to stay safe from the virus & my own health issues have been very stressful this year. Many Dr.'s not seeing new patients. Not being able to really see my parents in the nursing home is terrible. Both are hard of hearing & have bad eyesight. They are both 97 so it's not a shock. It is to them though. I would never have dreamed of this happening to my parents. I'm depressed!

I'm sorry about this situation you're in, @DAD.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The great shoekitini predicts 2021 will be better.  If I get my way.  Lol

Honored Contributor

@mintedrose 

I have a wonderful friend in NJ who is 87.  I go up and stay weeks with her and last time I was visiting (January) we were chatting.

She said "boy, lots of crazy things are happening   We must have really made God mad he's telling us to straighten up"...

Guess she was right!!! the Coronavirus hit...I talk to her almost everyday -- she always says "didn't I tell you!"😳😉🙂

Frankly, makes one take a step back and realize the real important things🙂

Valued Contributor

Thank you! My husbands 65 year old sister died in March & his 75 year old sister was told a few weeks ago that she has lung cancer. Both sisters live or lived in Florida. We are in Upstate N.Y. March was impossible to fly. Waiting to see if it's safe anytime soon so we can fly down to see his sister while she's still here. This really has been a terrible year! Just praying for 2021 to be better!

Valued Contributor

@winamac1Thank you, I appreciate the kind words. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Ceci 

It has been a tough year.  Sometimes I find myself feeling a little

down, and I try very hard to counter that with gratitude.

As they have said from the beginning, " We are in this together..."

So don't feel alone.

Take care and know many of us feel the same way.