Valued Contributor

Bad Karma. 2020 has been a terrible year!

Everything about this Pandemic has affected lives so much. Then other things went wrong in our life. Husband sick, adult son sick, both complicated health issues that wasn't there a year ago.

Me trying to shop, clean (used to have a cleaning crew), cooking, running everyone to doctors, picking up things they need and trying to find supplies for the house.

I feel exhausted. I'm afraid of picking up the virus for my own health and bringing it home to them.

We live in Florida, now they are predicting three hurricanes are possible in the next week.

Great! Just what I need to deal with on top of everything else. I thought, I can't wait for New Years Day! I'll buy myself a bottle of champagne and drink it all myself! Can't really do that, but nice thing to dream about.

Has anyone else found that this year has brought so much stress and problems to your lives that seem out-of-the-ordinary?

It feels like bad Karma. Wonder if anyone is in astrology, numerology, or some other kind of type of predicting the future?

I figure we'll now get hit with three hurricanes, destroy the house and lose everything. I'm just getting really depressed over everything.

The Covid numbers have not gone down and they opened the schools fully. I feel things will only go down hill fast. 

Any Astrologers out there?

Respected Contributor

Re: Bad Karma. 2020 has been a terrible year!

I have a roof over my head, food on the table, and no one in my family or myself have been sick. I have much to be thankful for.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ceci wrote:

Everything about this Pandemic has affected lives so much. Then other things went wrong in our life. Husband sick, adult son sick, both complicated health issues that wasn't there a year ago.

Me trying to shop, clean (used to have a cleaning crew), cooking, running everyone to doctors, picking up things they need and trying to find supplies for the house.

I feel exhausted. I'm afraid of picking up the virus for my own health and bringing it home to them.

We live in Florida, now they are predicting three hurricanes are possible in the next week.

Great! Just what I need to deal with on top of everything else. I thought, I can't wait for New Years Day! I'll buy myself a bottle of champagne and drink it all myself! Can't really do that, but nice thing to dream about.

Has anyone else found that this year has brought so much stress and problems to your lives that seem out-of-the-ordinary?

It feels like bad Karma. Wonder if anyone is in astrology, numerology, or some other kind of type of predicting the future?

I figure we'll now get hit with three hurricanes, destroy the house and lose everything. I'm just getting really depressed over everything.

The Covid numbers have not gone down and they opened the schools fully. I feel things will only go down hill fast. 

Any Astrologers out there?

I'm not into Astrology per se, but 2020 hasn't been a great year for me either.  2018 was the worst though.  I'm sorry about the hurricanes.    That's stressful.  Monday,  my wallet got stolen with a lot of cash in it ($500) and all my credit cards, driver's license, healthcare card, HSA card, etc. etc. etc.  It's been a mess.  I was careless with it at a Panera Bread doing some paperwork, someone was obviously watching me, and I was an easy target due to not being enough aware of my surrroundings.  Within 20 minutes the thief had charged $1400 on gift cards, used my debit card and even attempted a Nordstrom.com order.  I'm now fearful of identity fraud and don't like he has my license and other personal information.

Needless to say, I learned a lesson.

I am grateful I was not harmed and he didn't take the whole purse--took the wallet.

Anyway, sorry for what you and many others are going through now.  That's one of the reasons I would be fearful of living in Florida--the hurricanes.  Best wishes!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

On November year 1992, the Queen of England said annus horribilis.

The same is happened to me this year, one problem after another and it doesn't get better.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Valued Contributor

Challenging is an understatement when defining this year. I really feel like this year happened because maybe We took a lot for granted. This year is meant to knock some sense into us to wake us up or this will get worse if we dont. Its Gods way of whispering get up and pay attention. We dont want that whisper to turn into a shout. 

Honestly, I dont understand the people who dont take things seriously. I just dont get it.  

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm not about to let a virus rob me of being me. No way. I refuse to let it win. I've actually taken control of my well being. I'm eating better, walking miles a day, feeling great. I have a brand new granddaughter. Life is good. Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@Ceci     I hope things with your family get better.....numbers in my area are coming down, and I am sure I read the numbers in Florida were trending down as well.

Our business is suffering but very slowly new orders are coming in....I do my best not to get down, probably easier said than done, but it is not good for your mental health.  take care

Respected Contributor

Very bad year.  I lost my sister to cancer in January and I thought that was bad enough.  Then the virus, my dog died last week and my friends have lost love ones.  I am scared to think what may come next.  I just pray and hope for the best.

Honored Contributor

I wish people would stop saying "what else could go wrong?"

I just survived the derecho storm in the midwest.  Winds of 90mph to 142mph hit here and caused so much damage.  It's taken a week to clean up what I can in my yard.  I have major tree damage and tree service companies are already booked for months.

My house was burglarized 3 weeks ago.  Insurance will cover 9%.  Yes, just 9%.  grrrrrrr

Covid has been a nightmare.

All we hear about is death....covid, 2 friends dying of covid, 1 family member dying of covid, outbreaks from parties and other gatherings, people not caring about others enough to wear masks, more deaths, some government officials ignoring covid and refusing to do the right thing, more deaths, friends and family having covid.  

I live in a state where no action has been taken to help slow/stop the spread of covid.  No shutdown. No mask requirement. Governor mandate requiring all schools must be in the classroom or they don't get credit for those days, mandate against online classes, etc.

I take care of my dad and disabled sister.  My 88 yr old dad is much weaker now than he was in March because he can't do things he did before covid hit.  He's always been very active and covid has limited his activities.  My disabled sister has had more health issues this year and is depressed from being homebound so much.

But we have to be strong.  That's harder some days than others.  We have to keep trying.  

Respected Contributor

@winamac1 

Sorry that you had your wallet stolen and all the charges run up.  When you said Nordstrom.com, I immediately thought the thief was a woman.

Every time I see a woman hang her handbag on her chair, I want to go over and say something about thieves.  The same with placing it on the floor.  I try for a booth where it will be between me and the wall.  Crossbody bags do make a lot of sense where they can rest on the lap.

I used to work downtown and took the train everyday.  At afternoon rush hour there would be a crush of folks as they opened the gates to board the train.  Well, on this day, as we entered the train car, someone called over to me that I should check my shoulder bag.  At first I was upset but then I began to laugh:  all the thief got was my small makeup bag !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill