Honored Contributor

It wasn't a dream.  Your order really was delayed, then changed to advance order, then backordered, then finally shipped but before it arrived you received notice that it had been cancelled and thank you for your business.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@software , I ordinarily don't give my dreams a second thought, but this one was disturbing because I couldn't fulfill my responsibilities and was fired. I tried so hard to get where I needed to be to no avail. 

@QVCkitty1 

Forget it for now and let your brain work on it for a while.

This is what has worked for me in the past ....   Ask your intuition or higher self to interpret the dream's meaning to you.  It will come to you later when you are driving or brushing your teeth or at some other odd or mindless moment.  

It may have been something as simple as releasing a long time fear of one sort or another.  Some dreams are simply a "release" of emotion. 

Respected Contributor

90% of my dreams are about being unprepared or late for some responsibility. This week I dreamt I was in a Broadway musical but didn't know my lines or the songs. Good grief. When do I get to happily run through a beautiful meadow?

Honored Contributor

We all have those "I'm late dreams".  Your dream was a combination of all the news you have been exposed to for the last period of time.  Apparently, something stuck in your mind and just decided to sneak out.

Honored Contributor

I used to have a recurring dream of driving up a very steep hill, and getting to the top and either dropping off or falling back down the road....I have not had it for years, but always bothered me.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I hardly ever remember  my dreams, and if I do they fade quickly.  Last night I had a real nightmare that involved my former job. I was due at another hospital about 1/2 hour away, and for some reason I couldn't get get there. I'll skip the gory details, but I can't shake it. I'm retired, so it doesn't make any sense that this feeling of dread won't go away. Have you had this experience ? I'm trying to keep busy, but it seems to follow me around. 🥺

Did you use an OTC medication, @QVCkitty1?  That's when I have weird unsettling dreams.  

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi 

It was totally true.  The boss did not want a programming type in the supervisory position.  He wanted a manager.  So, when he began an affair with a young college hire who worked for me, he created fuzzy situations and out-and-out lies about me.  

When I called him on things, he backed off.  However, when he tried to jeopardize the ultimate level I could attain, that's when I told him I had had enough and was going to his boss with all the events that I had documented where I or my people were involved.

After my meeting with hus boss, his boss told me not to worry as I was about to be promoted to a client's department.  Told him I was more concerned that Mr. Vin. would hold back performance increases to my people.

As I was about to leave his office, he said that he would never have told a female subordinate to do what I had just done, but that I handled it better than any guy he knew !

Your " dream " really called forth one of the most difficult times of my long career !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I hardly ever remember  my dreams, and if I do they fade quickly.  Last night I had a real nightmare that involved my former job. I was due at another hospital about 1/2 hour away, and for some reason I couldn't get get there. I'll skip the gory details, but I can't shake it. I'm retired, so it doesn't make any sense that this feeling of dread won't go away. Have you had this experience ? I'm trying to keep busy, but it seems to follow me around. 🥺

@QVCkitty1 , I feel for you. For years I had nightmares especially because of hypoglycemia from Type 1 diabetes. I have fewer of them now because I was advised that my low magnesium levels (proven by labs) was exasperating the situation. So I am diligent not to go to sleep with a blood sugar under 100 and I take magnesium nightly.

Be well....💐

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

We all have those "I'm late dreams".  Your dream was a combination of all the news you have been exposed to for the last period of time.  Apparently, something stuck in your mind and just decided to sneak out.

@ECBG  Yes, this week I've been seeing many Broadway reopening and Hamilton coming to Philadelphia ads. They always stick in my mind. But why can't I dream I'm on stage getting a standing ovation for a change?

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3 

An hour or so before you go to bed, look at something soothing or read poetry.  Do something calm and relaxing.

Get an adult coloring book in soft designs and use pastel pencils.  Have on soft music, burn candles.

If the news upsets you, listen during the day, but not before bed.