Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

These predictions are being made by which experts???

It's already here, @CrazyDaisy. Isn't everyone aware that the virus is surging in a large swath of the country?

We've seen the the highest daily counts since the pandemic began.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Isn't everyone aware that the virus is surging in a large swath of the country?

prince-no.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

And sadly, many of the place being hit so hard now are also places where people seem to be averse to any restrictions or precautions.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

No stocking up on anything in particular....I did pick up some TP at Costco last weekend....and that should be fine for a good while.  I probably should have gotten the tissues tower they sell too...I use alot of those per day but we have a few boxes left.  Next trip.

As for food we don't eat alot of canned things just soup....and tuna...got some the other day but just 6 packs not a large supply.

Not doing that on beef either...got some chicken in freezer...just planning on shopping 1 time per week like I always do.  Some people bought 4 freezer's and filled them up last time around...no wonder nobody could get a package of beef.  I hope people don't act like that again.

Honored Contributor

Hospitalizations and deaths aren't increasing in my state, but cases of those who have had it are, mostly those who were asymptomatic, because more testing is being done.

Honored Contributor

I am trying to stock up little by little because I do not have the storage space or freezer capacity.  It sounds like many are prepared which is good!

Sadly there are many people who do not want to face the reality of this virus and until a vaccine is discovered, one must follow the experts and wear masks ,do  social distancing and hand washing.  Non believers just prolong the virus spreading and that is why there are surges and spikes showing up.  Let's try to be sensible, have common sense and do whatever it takes to stop this pandemic, We ALL want our freedom.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I've ordered some pharmaceutical items from Amazon because I'm staying clear of drug stores. My grocery shopping consists of a weekly trip to a store in a town of 3000 people. It's not as fancy as in bigger cities, but has a bakery, deli and nice meat counter. What I'm missing are coffee shops, candy stores and home & garden centers that I enjoy visiting in November and December.  I generally buy gifts at those places, but not this year.

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

These predictions are being made by which experts???

It's already here, @CrazyDaisy. Isn't everyone aware that the virus is surging in a large swath of the country?

Glad to see your crystal ball is all changed up and you know what is going to be happening months from now.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

And sadly, many of the place being hit so hard now are also places where people seem to be averse to any restrictions or precautions.

I've said before, some people are purely experiential learners. Woman Mad 

There's a pretty comprehensive UK study out now that shows what we already suspected, that Covid antibodies are short lived and drop off dramatically after only a few months. So we can easily see waves of people getting Covid repeatedly without lasting immunity. So letting it ride and not trying to stop it won't result in herd anything, only repeated illness that further weakens the body.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

I've ordered some pharmaceutical items from Amazon because I'm staying clear of drug stores. My grocery shopping consists of a weekly trip to a store in a town of 3000 people. It's not as fancy as in bigger cities, but has a bakery, deli and nice meat counter. What I'm missing are coffee shops, candy stores and home & garden centers that I enjoy visiting in November and December.  I generally buy gifts at those places, but not this year.

I steer clear of drug stores too. Why on Earth would I go to the one place where all the sick people gather?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr