Respected Contributor

I have always stayed well stocked even before the virus hit. I don't need anything.

Honored Contributor

I call my stash a 'pandemic pantry'. I try to keep about a three to four month supply of non-perishables plus I have a small chest freezer with some food in that also. I don't take any Rx drugs but I have my supps, herbs and other nutritional health things stocked for at least a year.

Esteemed Contributor

I think most things we need will be available.  I’m not stocking up since I have to use what I have.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have always been a stocker anyway.  Good thing, as I was sharing with my adult kids (who buy minimal stuff each week) during the most difficult time.  I will keep it up, maybe a bit more than normal but I'm not going to be crazy about it.   If we made it through before, we'll make it again Smiley Happy  

Honored Contributor

NOPE!

Every November I stock up my upright freezer in case I am SNOWED in.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom As much as people might wish things are normal, that will not happen until a vaccine is developed and innoculated into the majority of people and there are effective,affordable virus treatments. The number of people getting the virus is going up in most states and in some states, there are no beds available in hospitals. The best we can do now is wear masks, social distance, wash hands and avoid large gatherings.

Esteemed Contributor

Goldensrbest, thanks for asking about Maddie. Her needle biopsy results were indefinite and so we have an appointment with the surgeon, whom we have known for a long time, in a few weeks. Maddie is her normal self and I am trying to remain hopeful. She has seen my husband and me through the pandemic, my husband's Alzheimer's disease, and just the coziness of togetherness. I pray she'll be with us for a few more years. However, I will not allow her to suffer if the diagnosis is the worst. 

Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@chessylady  Paper products and cleaning products have started making regular appearances on our grocery store shelves. I think the supplies will be available.

Also, we were in Lancaster on Saturday, and things are in full swing. Kitchen Kettle in Intercourse was packed! Cars were overflowing into the surrounding fields. I'm hopeful things are returning to "normal."

I thought you were a victim of Autocorrect until I googled it. Interesting name for a city.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bad Covid Winter

[ Edited ]

@santorini wrote:

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@chessylady  Paper products and cleaning products have started making regular appearances on our grocery store shelves. I think the supplies will be available.

Also, we were in Lancaster on Saturday, and things are in full swing. Kitchen Kettle in Intercourse was packed! Cars were overflowing into the surrounding fields. I'm hopeful things are returning to "normal."

I thought you were a victim of Autocorrect until I googled it. Interesting name for a city.  

@santorini  I guess you have not heard the Pennsylvania saying: You have to go through Blue Ball and Bird In Hand to get to Intercourse." They are all nearby towns. Hahaha!

ETA: I forgot the entire saying: "You have to go through Blue Ball, Bird In Hand and Intercourse to get to Paridise."

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bad Covid Winter

[ Edited ]

I'm good. No need to stock up. I'm 5 minutes away from 6 grocery stores, 3 drug stores and 10 minutes from Costco, Target and another Walmart Supercenter.  Between all of them I think we'll be fine.