Respected Contributor

Predictions are that this will be a bad Covid winter with more cases/ deaths. Are you stocking up to facilitate sheltering in place?

Trusted Contributor

@chessylady  We already have a "mini costco" from stocking up before so we are good. Most manufacturers, if not all, are open now and producing goods so I don't think there will be a problem like before.

Honored Contributor

I have a more-than-adequate supply of paper goods and canned food plus prescriptions.   That's all.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

These predictions are being made by which experts???

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

I did that little by little over the summer months.  I decided in April, believing it would get bad once fall hit, to start stocking up on nonperishale food and other household items that I use on a regular basis.  I will still go out to get fresh fruits and veggies, go to doctor/dentist visits, but I'm prepared to stay close to home if it gets as bad as predicted.  Everything I bought will get consumed/used, whether it gets bad again or not.

And before anyone invokes the "H" word, I suggest you look up the real definition of hoarding.

Esteemed Contributor

My husband and I will try to stay close to home as much as possible. Our only planned outing is to vote. We are done with doctors' appointments, most of which have been virtual anyway. The Covid numbers are scary and daunting. With several pre-existing conditions, my husband and I do not want to venture out. I have my books, my iPad, my TV, and my phone. I stay in touch with all friends and family in the US and in Western Europe. I am content with that.

Honored Contributor

Yes, i have been doing that for a few months.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Just this morning, DH said that was the 'buzz' at our local supermarket.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Vivian , How is your dog doing?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@chessylady  Paper products and cleaning products have started making regular appearances on our grocery store shelves. I think the supplies will be available.

Also, we were in Lancaster on Saturday, and things are in full swing. Kitchen Kettle in Intercourse was packed! Cars were overflowing into the surrounding fields. I'm hopeful things are returning to "normal."