Contributor

Re: Backlash against Social Media--Will it ever Happen?

Social media is here to stay imho. A few people go off grid in a backlash but not many.

Facebook stock dropped more than 20% but will probably keep going strong.

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

I think we could all make a list of 5 reasons social media is good for you and 5 reasons social media is bad for you and it all would be true.  What it really comes down to.... is how we use it.  No matter how each of us choose to use it, we should use it wisely.  Knowledge without wisdom can be disastrous. 

I agree, @jubilant.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Occasional Contributor

Not a fan of Facebook. Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

I saw this book at my library last week.  If I was really into social media I would have checked it out.  But I'm not and I didn't.  FYI:

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

I use it only to keep in touch with kids and grandkids; those living far away I never seem to know what is happening in their busy lives. I like to know when a grandkid is across the country at a competition and wins first place....they would never tell me but they are quick to post it on FB!

Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

Aren't the QVC forums a form of social media?? And I read far more "business" and private stuff here than I read on Facebook. I see plenty of photos here and lots of "sharing."

@Trinity11- You are correct, these forums are absolutely a form of public social media.

Esteemed Contributor

Last night on the news they were saying that nothing is private anymore and it is not a good thing.   People that have facebook on their phones, they are giving any app permission to access where you are, all your pictures, etc.   I post no pictures on facebook of anyone in my family.  They keep asking for my cell, but I won't give it to them.  I even have a separate email for social media.   I refuse to put Facebook on my cell.  Social media was once a fun thing, but be careful what you post.

I love that dummies that post pictures of their whole family.  How about the ones that post pictures of their dinner???  Someone posted a picture of their lobster dinner and I said how can anyone eat those ugly things.   She deleted me.   LOL   This is no one I know personally, but someone that I played a game with ages ago.  I quit the games.  I am seriously thinking about deleting my account.  

I had a friend that was selling a table and chairs set.  When you clicked on it, It took you to directions to her house.   How dumb are these people??????/