Respected Contributor

Back to work today from home

On March 13 the govenor closed all Delaware public schools from March 16 to March 27.  Since then he issued a stay at home order closing all non-essential businesses until May 15.  In light of that the school district I work for has moved from providing voluntary learning activities for students to direct teaching actiivites as of March 31.  I am a speech/language pathologist so I will be using a Zoom app to provide teletherapy.  So I am spending my days learning about teletherapy and preparing materials.  I am also on the team that idenitifies pre-school students who qualify for special education services.  I may doing evaluations remotely as well as holding eligibility and IEP meeting via teleconference.   Thank goodness we are getting back to work as I am a contractor and would not be getting paid unless I was working.

Honored Contributor

Re: Back to work today from home

ninjawife,

I admire your adaptability, but you are self-described as a "ninja."  LOL

Best of luck to you as you pursue this new mode of helping others.  So glad you can continue your income flow because many cannot (and also cannot apply for unemployment).  It is a dreadful situation on several levels for some of our citizenry.