Esteemed Contributor

@masque  Thanks for the post! I saw Star Wars for the first time in 1977, and on December 31, 1977 I got married! Both unforgettable events, but one involved hyperspace! Hahahaha!

Trusted Contributor

Wow.  Makes me feel old.  I finished my first round of grad school that summer.  I remember they cancelled the Elvis concert cuz he died.  Sad.

I did go see Star Wars but was never really enamoured with it.

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Respected Contributor

I was 8 years old still playing with barbie dolls.

Esteemed Contributor

I was in grade school and I did watch all those t.v. shows.

I also liked Andy Gibb's music and used to tape record music

from the radio onto little cassette tapes. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@masque : Remember the year because very stressful and difficult. My Mom died in June and I was 22 years old out of college and starting to work full time.

@SouthernBee - A very sad year for me too.  My mom died in May, a few days before Mother's Day.  I was 24 and working on Wall St.  Can't believe it was 44 years ago.

Honored Contributor

I was 23 and went to a lot of concerts during that time.

Respected Contributor

I was 21...wow. I was going through pictures of my family recently since we sold our childhood home. My mom photographed everything and while we complained then, I love her for it now.  Yes, drinking, smoking, in night clubs 4 nights a week and yes, I had a full time office job so I lost a lot of sleep. But at 21, it never showed. Gosh we were so beautiful. Now I lose two hours and my eyelids rest on my lower lashes!

I had a blast at every concert I could get those $10 tickets to and was a freebird. Glad I did what I did...no regrets.  Thanks for the memory.

Honored Contributor

@twinsister : Sending understanding and sympathy. Yep- just wonder how the years went by so fast.🤗🤗🤗❤️❤️❤️

Respected Contributor

@newjersey wrote:

I graduated high school that yearWoman HappySmiley Happy

@newjersey   Me too!!!

Trusted Contributor
@proudlyfrom NJ,
So am I! I remember seeing it on Christmas Night in the movies with my cousins.