Trusted Contributor
I was having the time of my life. Loved the 70’s
Esteemed Contributor

I had graduated from college and already worked for several years in both Germany and Okinawa.  After that, I returned to San Diego CA ( I'd grown up and gone to school in suburban D.C). So for 2 1/2 yrs I was " under employed in San Diego " and experienced what it meant to be female, unmarried and supporting myself just as Women's Lib was just gathering steam. I decided in 1975 to return to Germany and working for U.S. govt.  That was a turning point in my life; got my Masters and also worked in S.Korea for four years before returning to CA via Barstow ( I know, but it worked for me).

Highlighted
Super Contributor

1977, Married for 5 years, husband and I bought our first home in a different State than we were both born and raised in.  Exciting, scary, fun and stressful all at the same time.  We feared we would be living on frank's and beans for the rest of the 30 yrs ( mortgage) because of the bills.  Actually we did well with the investment and made some great memories.

Esteemed Contributor

I graduated HS in 77

Esteemed Contributor

@WORKING GAL wrote:

@masque - A memorable year for me.  I became a Mom for the first time to a beautiful baby girl!

@WORKING GAL 

Me too!  Except it was a boy. My son was a preemie who had to spend about a week in the hospital until he was ready to come home.  I remember that every time I went into the hospital nursery, the theme from Star Wars was playing over the sound system. Not exactly a lullaby, but so representative of that year. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

I was 6 going on 7 in 1977.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

in 1977 I was 24 years old.  Married 4 years and commuting to work in NYC--Wall St. area.  I loved life then.  I was thin and had tons of energy.  Those were the days!

Trusted Contributor
@turquoise @Travone @Mary Bailey

I also graduated HS in 77👩‍🎓
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Back in 1977

[ Edited ]

remember high prices  ,  Gas shortages, decline of the housing industry  where many lost their jobs, .  Although some  really good music  was being recorded back then

Honored Contributor

Nothing memorable to me about that year. First and only time where I worked, Western Electric, had employees hand out job forms because they could not fill all the plants workers jobs. Had about 7,300 employees back then.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)