Honored Contributor

Re: Back Fence is shored up for February - with the Groundhog's help

Happy Valentine's Day Fencers

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Am home!!!!!! O.K.,butt very tired. Thanks for i the well wishes and the good thoughts. I will be back for a visit soon! ,,,
Honored Contributor

Hello there Epi - they discharged you from rehab and everything?!?

Wow, that was fast and I hope this means that you are doing well. Take care and come back when you can - so very nice to hear from you.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the post Birdmama. I have been discharged home. After I have my staples removed I will start out patient physical therapy near home for 2 times a week to start.
Respected Contributor

Hi Epi - really glad to see you back so soon - I think it's neat and I know you will be up and moving really fast. Bless You!!!

Hot again today - just wish the rain would show up - LOTS of it.

All the critters are in - needless to say Stripes would much prefer being outside but it will not happen - not the rest of this day at any rate. He was out in the carport about 3 taking life easy and I wlked over to him and said he was in for the night. What did he do? He started yowling but eventually stopped and right now he is sleeping out in the hall. He NEVER sleeps in the hall - not that boy - he takes the open windows, my bed, my chair, kitchen counter but anywhere other than the hall. I guess he is sulking. LOL.

Take care everyone

Trusted Contributor

Epi. It is so good to see a post from you. Continue to get better. We are still dealing with snow and snow plus a little plumbing problem but hopefully we are on the upswing Freddie I wish I could give you some of this moisture. We are all sick to death of it
Honored Contributor

Hello there Fencers ~ not too much going on in my neck of the woods. I got snow over the weekend and more last night. This is beginning to grate my nerves . I think I will look at it differently when I retire one day . Something to dream about.

Respected Contributor

Will take all the extra water anyone has. I am so afraid restrictions will be put in as they are talking and writing about it. I so remember the last experience we had. The state DID put in new ways to obtain water which was suppose to see we always had it - pipelines from elsewhere were built - bottom line we again have low water and all of that planning increased our water bills something fierce and to what avail. Supposedly the new pipelines built were to see if we had another drought we would still have water and like a lot of government planning, it does not work well and only cost us a fortune. Can't imagine water rates going up any higher but of course that is what will happen - like the electricity after the last crises (and with the deserts now covered with ugly windmills which manufacture electricity from the winds) only increased rates and last summer we were told to conserve energy all summer and they now charge us rates based on tiers. Anything to get more $$. It just gets old - always costing more but not providing any more. Sigh. Yep, will admit the explanations and results are predictable and not good. Speaking of costs going up, anyone bought coffee and gas recently or are those high jumps also only out here where I am.

Weather has dropped in temps and that is good as it has been entirely toow arm - will admit I have enjoyed it however. Now some of the temps we have had would be nice for all year along. LOL. I can dream can't I?

Epi, hope you are continuing with your healing!!!!

Am leaving some onion bagels, cream cheese and coffee - dig in. Have a great day everyone. This month is sure zipping by isn't it?

Respected Contributor

Sure miss all our great Fence sitters - hope all is well with each and every one of you.

Well today it was 83 - tomorrow a bit cool again - up and down and up and down. Sure is hard on the old body.

Am frying some cabbage - I know tad late to start cooking but I have been busy. I do not expect any smart remarks but a friend of mine - we go to Curves - you know the exercise place - and decided we would go to Dairy Queen this afternoon for a Banana Split. Neither of us have had one for years and years - sure was good. Oh my, shame on us but it's ok to do that once in a while and she had a 25 percent discount coupon on our "entire meal." So, it's cabbage for dinner. OK with me as I really love it.

Church in an uproar but hopefully it will smoothe out. I cannot understand what they are doing and me, as well as a lot of people, are not happy. And when some tried to ask questions, they sure got the runaround. Am so disappointed.

Hope all had a great day and hope all are warm and in good health.

Honored Contributor

Winifred - it's 8:15 PM here and I still didn't make dinner here either. It will definitely be a light meal - too late in the day for a heavy meal.

I'm glad you enjoyed your ice cream. There is nothing wrong with treating yourself occasionally.

Not much going on here - yesterday we had blizzard like snow, sleet, freezing rain, rain and then fog. It's been windy (40 mph) since last night. Can't complain too much - I didn't lose power. I am glad it's Friday - this week at work was a doozy.