Respected Contributor

Back Fence is shored up for February - with the Groundhog's help

February sure got here fast didn't it? Along with that brilliant statement the Super Bowl game is awful. Doesn't matter who wins or loses this one, Denver just has not played what they are capable of - cannot believe it!!!!! Feel sorry for Manning as his team sure hasn't given him much of a chance to do well - and he is a super good quarterback! Commercials are great however.

Suppose to really storm tonight - sure hope it happens as we are so in need of some rain.

Busy few weeks coming up - several doctor appointments which are surprises but what can I say!

My Lillies of the Valley did not do well this year. They are normalyl thick and just gorgeous but they started coming up too early - in October - and they just never did too well. Got too hot and then not enough cold to help them. Only a very few blooms and that is unheard of. They usually start coming up in early December and are in full bloom in January - nothing like that this go round.

Made Chili for the Super Bowl - Davey and TEssa are here and they seem to be enjoying themselves - with the food, not the game. Ugh!!. Will take them back to San Bernardino tomorrow morning. Hope to get some trimming done before Wednesday. Grass not worth mowing as it is horrible but the edges and around the house look like hobos live here. Not sure I will make it as we are also suppose to have rain tomorrow also and it is going to be cold.

I brought along some hot coffee and tea - these cold nights those drinks taste mighty good.

Honored Contributor

Re: Back Fence is shored up for February - with the Groundhog's help

Hello there Fencers ~ I hope you are getting rain Winifred. The football game was lousy, the half-time show was lousy and most of the commercials were lousy. I am still scratching my head over the Chrysler commercial with Bob Dylan. I was born and raised in Detroit and lived there until I was 38 - just not getting the connection with Bob Dylan {#emotions_dlg.unsure}.

Epi - I hope that your surgery is going or has gone successfully.

Edited to Add - although I am not a beer drinker, I loved the Puppy Love commercial by Budweiser {#emotions_dlg.wub}

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Well mercy me - I posted on here about an hour or so ago and I guess it went into cyberspace for sure. GEesh.

Super Bowl game was a horrible vieweing experience - regardless of who wanted which team to win. Not good and Denver sure played horrible and must say SEattle played great. Oh well, will wait and see who plays next year.

Cold here but we did NOT have our rain last night - more was predicted today and haven't seen a sign of it either. This is getting really old!!!!

Stripes is in the house but he really had me worried again - not sure how I will handle him. Bottom line is I think someone is having him stay in their home. Came home from church yesterday and my sprinkler was across my yard and upside down and there was a baked potato in my carport. True Story!! Did not see STripe until early this morning - he is in now but not really sure what I will do to keep him safe. I do know he is very independent and not sure he can survive inside the house day in and day out. Got to put my thinking cap on.

Sure want to see all our best buddies get back here. I know some are still around but rarely - if ever - see them post anywhere on the boards - and they truly are a great group. Some I know are gone forever but their spirit remains. Sniffle, sniffle, sigh and everything else - come on back - we miss you!!!!!

I left some cinnamon buns over at the Bird Nest so will leave some here also - boy howdy they are some good!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope all are well

Honored Contributor

I am so mad at myself I could spit nails. I hit something on the shoulder of the road as I was turning into my street and split my rear tire. I drove into the garage, turned off the car and said to myself, what is that hissing sound? It was my tire going flat right in front of me. We are expecting 4-8 inches of snow and so I can't drive around on the little donut spare. Lucky for me there is a Discount Tire not far from me so I will limp over there for a new tire (or two) in the morning. I already called my boss and left a message for her. Five will get me ten that the roads will be ugly and people won't be thrilled with me idling alone on a flat with my hazard lights blinking. Oofda {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Respected Contributor

Hey, we had RAIN today - not a lot but it made puddles. And boy howdy, it sure is cold!!!!

Didn't get much weeding done this past week - was too cold and my joints are really aching. Sigh, no fun at all sometimes.

Have absolutely nothing exciting to write about - except of course the rain, YIPPEE!!! - other than STripes is in for the night. He came in after my morning MD appointment and I decided to not let him out again. Right now he is curled up in MY chair in the living room so I gave up and came to the computer.

Hope all had a great day.

Honored Contributor

Hello there to anyone passing the back fence ~ Hope those who needed rain are getting it.

Also, shout out to Epi - still thinking about you as you recover and keeping a seat warm for you at the back fence.

Respected Contributor

Okay people, surely you don't want Bird Mama and I sitting here alone chatting!!!!!!

It was sunny today but quite chilly - I guess the rain is finished. It was a lifesaver but we need more in the long run to really help.

Epi - how are you doing dear friend - do hope you are improving rapidly!!

Queen, Yock - we miss you - also the many others that should be sopping by. Do know Queen has not been too well so am sending out prayers and good thoughts for her - and also her DH.

Am leaving some tangerines - looked around my kitchen and don't have much of anything else to leave right now. Enjoy!!!

Respected Contributor

OK people - where are you? Queen, hope you are feeling better. Yock, have you not been able to dig out of the snow? Epi, hope you are feeling better - we sure miss you. HASD, Been a long time since we have seen you also. Meuw, are you doing ok now? LUVSBULLDOGS, it's been a long time since you have stopped by also. We miss all of you and I cannot recall a few more off the top of my head - chalk it up to old age but YOU know who YOU are - we are missing you. Got a good deal on some great avocadoes earlier today - am leaving a bag for you all to grab a few each. Love those things.

Beautiful sunshine today but the slight breeze we have is ice cold. Was going to try and cut out some more weeds - they are everywhere - and they have broad leaves and I detest them. Sprayed them several weeks back and I don't think one single weed gasped and gave it up. Darn it anyway. But that icy breeze is just a bit too much for me. Brrrrr! Hopefully by tomorrow I can get to it as by the end of the week we are suppose to be back up to 80 - can you believe that? But our trash pickup is early Thursday mornings so I only have a couple days left to do some major damage out there. Speaking of damage, the gophers are really getting to me - I think some of the critters out there are perhaps ground squirrels. Here it is only the first of February and the yards look terrible - full of holes and dead spots to to those underground varmints. Also hard to walk out there as you can easily stumble due to the many sunken spots. Makes me sooooooooo mad.

I have a roast with a sweet onion and small red taters and baby carrots cooking the slow cooker. Also have a great pot of collards cooking on the stove. Sounds like I will have a great dinner today. Yummy for sure.

Honored Contributor

Waving hello as I dash past the fence. Our post was dangerously close to falling off page one .

Frequent Contributor

Valentine's Day Chocolate Truffles

Happy Valentine's Day! I haven't been here in awhile but I wanted to drop off some sweets for the sweet ladies on this thread!

I hope everyone is doing well. We had 8-9 inches of snow last night thanks to Pax. We haven't received that much snow in a very long time. The snow started early yesterday morning then changed over to rain (which was so disappointing) but then around 4:00 yesterday afternoon, the temp dropped just enough for the rain to change to snow and boy did it ever snow. Lots of great big huge fluffy flakes. It was exciting for a Southern gal like me. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} I couldn't stop looking out the window and I was walking around in it at 1:00 in the morning taking pictures. It was sooooo beautiful.

But then the temp rose into the 40s this afternoon and melted most of it. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Oh well.... it was fun while it lasted! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}